SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320 Compact
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320 Compact Login/Join 
posted
Is it normal for the barrel to have some “wiggle” in it when the slide is locked back?
When I work the action, load one in the chamber and expel the cartridge, everything seems to be in order.
Handgun has not been fired other than test firing at the manufacturer.

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Yes

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also you will notice that when in battery the muzzle area if squeezed moves more than you might expect. Seems like slide is loose on the rails but this does not effect accuracy or anything on this gun. The 320 is a truly amazing bit of engineering.

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is it normal for the barrel to have some “wiggle” in it when the slide is locked back?

Yes. This is true of any barrel that tilts and cams in and out of engagement, which is virtually all recoil-operated pistols. Only a pistol with a fixed barrel (typically a blowback) doesn't have any play. The gun's mechanical accuracy comes (partly) from the barrel and slide locking into the same position every time.

You may also notice that with the slide in battery, the muzzle appears off-center in the slide hole. Also necessary to allow the barrel to tilt.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the re assurance.
Ere to the side of caution, thought I'd check before I fire.
Thanks again.

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post