SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New HK VP9L OR
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New HK VP9L OR Login/Join 
posted
I swore if I found an HK longside at a reasonable price it would be mine. Well, I did. It a longslide with the trendy lightening cuts on the front end of the slide, optics ready (they lie, you gotta buy a plate, unlike Glock two 20 round mags and the grips strap and plates.

I'm happy.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it's a good deal, get it. The VP9 is a great gun although I have no experience with the long slide, I am sure it is only an improvement on the original.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Pics please. I thought they shipped with like 4 plates for different optics. Local PD switched to VP9's a few months back. Friend of mine just got on the force and he was the first to get one. He stopped by the house a couple weeks ago and let me fondle it for awhile. Left a very nice impression and the want is still there. Then I seen the FN 509 long slide and now that's a want too!! Confused

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They don't ship with the plates at least for the two I have purchased. and at the moment the #2 plate seems incredibly hard to find.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10991 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
In typical HK fashion, they introduced an optic-ready VP9 in 2020 but also made way, way too few optic plates, b/c wouldn't that make too much sense? Confused You know, to allow your new VP9 OR owners to be able to mount their red dot sights?

VP9 optic plates are currently selling at a premium on ebay. MSRP is $35 at HK Parts. Plates are selling for over $100. Plate #2 for Trijicon & Holosun is by far in the highest demand. An auction for one closed today at $262. Eek

www.ebay.com/itm/HK-VP9-Optics...0254262/174616913678

Another one closed yesterday for $366.88. Eek
www.ebay.com/itm/HK-VP9-Optics...Holosun/293971670767

Posts: 3184 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a fantastic deal on it, and will hold off on the plate for a while. No replacement ammo anyway.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked mine up a couple months ago and lucked out on finding my optic plate:

Posts: 493 | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Pics please. I thought they shipped with like 4 plates for different optics. Local PD switched to VP9's a few months back. Friend of mine just got on the force and he was the first to get one. He stopped by the house a couple weeks ago and let me fondle it for awhile. Left a very nice impression and the want is still there. Then I seen the FN 509 long slide and now that's a want too!! Confused
Im from Minnesota too what department in MN?

Posts: 85 | Location: Bloomington Minnesota | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
CHPWS Plates

Their Glock MOS plates are well regarded by a number of trustworthy folks.

I've not tried their VP9 offering, but have to believe that they are well thought out.

Whenever I'm able to find a VP9 OR, they'll probably be my first call for a plate.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like CHPWS but this part is not actually in production.

posted Hide Post
^^^^^Their website says they are making a production run of them right now.

I have a C&H Precision plate for my CZ P10F OR. I believe they make a superior part to just a flat plate type.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea. ok. but what is says is that if you order now you will possibly have it in 3 weeks. And if you don't you can get a refund. That is not exactly available or in production. I like CHPWS so that's not a knock as they make decent stuff. But if you just got an OR ready VP9 that's really not a good solution to the problem there is no #2 plate anywhere...

posted Hide Post
EGW made some plates as well, but they have apparently sold out:
https://www.egwguns.com/trijic...-hk-vp9-optics-ready

posted Hide Post
Since I'm in no hurry to mount an optic, I don't have a problem. I've heard of the alongside for over a year, this is the first I encountered. If it's another year before I get a plate mounted, so what? For now I'm perfectly happy, and I don't have ammo to play "tune the red dot" right now anyway.

Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Is there a stable source for long slide kits yes, or is HK still being HK?

Posts: 836 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not seeing any thru our suppliers. This is the first "new" style L I've seen with the lightening cuts and all. Looks like HK did a good job following Canik's lead.

posted Hide Post
I had a VP9L-B longslide upper I got directly from HK in 2019. I sold it here after getting a VP9L OR LE from CDNN. Have't found an optic plate yet though.

HK has the L OR uppers and the normal OR slides on their web store. Availability varies.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shackelford:
Is there a stable source for long slide kits yes, or is HK still being HK?

It is available directly from HK:
https://us.hkwebshop.com/hksto...slide-kit/p/51001081

posted Hide Post
I got mine via HK but midwestgunworks had them in stock as well last I looked.

posted Hide Post
After seeing a web forum discussion between Mr. CHPWS and a person that had an issue with poor machining and poor customer service on an M17 sight plate I wouldn't buy a thing from this company. They use 6061 aluminum which is too soft and that's why they need the steel T-nuts.

For Glock MOS, Forward Controls Design makes the best adapter plates, and they are nitrided 4140 steel. As for HK plates I will wait until I can get a factory plate or I would consider EGW. Hopefully FCD will expand their line.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lefty Sig,

Posts: 4700 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post