SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43 Extended Magazines - Revisit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43 Extended Magazines - Revisit Login/Join 
posted
Which magazine extensions are we liking?
Especially, who has ETS 7 round flush fits? How are they?
I have a half dozen Pearce plus ones, and though I like them for not trying to too much, and for so closely mirroring the original factory extensions, I occasionally get failures to feed if I am not careful how I load the top round into the magazine.
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have had great success with the ETS magazines in my G19 and G42.

With the G43, I have had some issues. However, I had some issues with my G43 in general, so I don't know (yet) if it was the ETS magazines or possibly an out of spec Vickers extended slide stop - I removed that and the OEM magazines worked well last range trip (no extensions on at that point, was just trying to get the weapon consistently working).

My next step is to try the ETS 7/9/12rd mags I have for it again.

For the price, I think it's worth trying them out (ETS). They were responsive when I reported the issue but together we narrowed it down that it was actually the gun primarily at fault. And they worked well for me in the G19/42, so I think it might be the tolerances of my pistol, the aftermarket slide stop, or a combination.

I also have a Pearce +1 and a Vickers +2 I will be trying with the OEMs next time around.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...I have a half dozen Pearce plus ones, and though I like them for not trying to too much, and for so closely mirroring the original factory extensions, I occasionally get failures to feed if I am not careful how I load the top round into the magazine....

I too use the Pearce +1 extensions, never had a problem after 290 rds on the range.

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-43%2B1

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
...I have a half dozen Pearce plus ones, and though I like them for not trying to too much, and for so closely mirroring the original factory extensions, I occasionally get failures to feed if I am not careful how I load the top round into the magazine....

I too use the Pearce +1 extensions, never had a problem after 290 rds on the range.

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-43%2B1

Same here. They work great, give me the extra pinky space I need, add another round, and look seamless to the mag.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Taren Tactical all the rest have failed.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I have had no issues with the ETS magazines, I've shot them only a little in the G43. I don't carry the long extended mags, mostly because for something like a G43 they become redundant. One might as well have a G26 in that case and utilize the capacity with additional magazines, because the only advantage of the G43 is thin concealability.

I have run quite a few thousand rounds through Glock magazines in the G43, using the Pearce +1 baseplates with stock glock springs, without any problems

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Another nod for Taran Tactical extensions. My experience with them has been Flawless in performance.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I've had no issues with the Taran Tactical or Ghost Industries mag extensions for the G43. The TT is a +1. The Ghost is a +2 that comes with a mag spring.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The newer Taran Tactical +2's come with an extra power spring as well.

I've used these and the Pearce and they've worked well.

Posts: 25 | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Icestud
posted Hide Post
Another happy Taran Tactical customer here
No issues with the 5 +2 extensions my wife has for her 43 100's of rounds with no issues

Posts: 78 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The most dependable way to add capacity to a small gun like the 43 is to buy a glock 26. This is said only half joking- the concept of “let’s buy the smallest model in an available product line” ( at least theoretically for its compactness and concealability) now lets make it bigger! Is lost on me.
If I want the most compact platform for deep cover/ concealment it makes sense to keep it that way. If I want more capacity accept a larger platform.
While some people indicate they have good luck with aftermarket extensions, the results are mixed enough that adding these to a carry gun must be taken very cautiously

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
Taren Tactical all the rest have failed.

I’ve only tried their +2’s, but they have been perfect.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
A Glock 43 with a magguts modified mag is no bigger than stock in any dimension. With a Taran +1 the difference is tiny, maybe 1/8" in length. In point of fact, the G43 with a Taran +1 is shorter in height than the Shield with a stock seven round mag.

The size advantage of the G43 over the G26 is width. None of the mag extensions make the G43 wider. There seem to be no shortage of people who don't mind a longer and taller gun than the G26, but want one that's thinner. For these people a G43 with an extended magazine works for them.

Of course, now the P365 may have mooted all of this. Ten round mags in a gun of essentially the same dimensions as the G43. If it works, that changes the market for this type of gun.

quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
The most dependable way to add capacity to a small gun like the 43 is to buy a glock 26. This is said only half joking- the concept of “let’s buy the smallest model in an available product line” ( at least theoretically for its compactness and concealability) now lets make it bigger! Is lost on me.
If I want the most compact platform for deep cover/ concealment it makes sense to keep it that way. If I want more capacity accept a larger platform.
While some people indicate they have good luck with aftermarket extensions, the results are mixed enough that adding these to a carry gun must be taken very cautiously

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post