SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 Dark Elite or Elite Dark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Dark Elite or Elite Dark Login/Join 
posted
I am not well knowledgeable about the configurations of these different P220s. I have heard of both, but don't know what the differences are. Also, what would a NIB one go for?

Posts: 5 | Location: Seminole, FL | Registered: July 14, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The adjustable rear night sights on them were shit.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Gunbroker shows them used at 700, nib in 850 to 950 range.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snow6x:
I am not well knowledgeable about the configurations of these different P220s. I have heard of both, but don't know what the differences are. Also, what would a NIB one go for?

If I understood your question correctly, you're referencing the same gun. Officially the SIG name is 'Elite Dark' but lots of people for whatever reason referred to them as 'Dark Elite', probably following the same pattern as 'Stainless Steel Elite', 'Enhanced Elite', etc.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
The adjustable rear night sights on them were shit.

This.
The pistol itself was nice and shot fine. Never had a problem with it. The rear sight though, bothered me. Would come loose and rattle.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The rear site on my 226Elite Dark has never moved, guess I’m lucky from other stories that I’ve read. I believe someone made an aftermarket site as the slide isn’t cut like other Sigs. Want to say it was Bruce and his team?

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
The rear sight on my 220 Dark Elite has never come loose in the 4 years Ive owned it...purchased brand new.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post