SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M11-a1 recoil spring maintenance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M11-a1 recoil spring maintenance Login/Join 
Picture of Nframe
posted
I was neglectful...

I know the gun has over 6K through it might be closer to 7. My son "adopted" it from me I thought I had put a new spring in. Today while shooting I noticed that the gun was looking dry. We took a break and went to do a field strip and clean in the shop. I noticed the spring was in sad shape, good thing I had a spare kit. Now to order some more!
And he learned a good lesson. A great day all around!

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Recoil spring replacement is a thing few think about. You just nudged me into buying a couple of spares especially for my smaller guns.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
How did that thing get bent like that? The guide rod is straight. Confused

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
How did that thing get bent like that? The guide rod is straight. Confused

That is a good question! The M11 hasn't been abused or even field stripped in awhile.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It could just be a defective spring. A few years ago there was a rash of bad 357/40 P229 springs reported; the coils bulged out/increased in size in the middle. I wonder if anyone else has experienced anything similar with their M11-A1 recoil springs.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47409 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post