SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Taurus 6 shot snub nose .38 revolvers CHEAP right now $187
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taurus 6 shot snub nose .38 revolvers CHEAP right now $187 Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
You can do that now, and get one more round in the cylinder.

quote:
Originally posted by xl_target:
I had a Taurus 85 for a while.
It was an accurate and reliable little handgun. I'd still own it but a friend of mine fell in love with it and just had to have it.
I've just never bothered to replace it.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I have owned 5 Taurus revolvers, never had any problem with any of them.

But they were not shot extensively.

Currently have an older Model 85 that is a keepsake .

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
After having sold off a replacement S&W 638 Airweight w/lock provided by S&W some time ago after my no lock S&W 638 developed a crack in the frame along the bottom of where the barrel screws in (using only standard pressure ammo and a low round count at that), I have had a hankering on and off to replace the 638 with something else in .38 Special as I currently have no snubby .38. I briefly tried an LCRx .38 and found the recoil to be ridiculously unreasonable in such a lightweight revolver, even compared to the Airweight Smith. The light weight in combination with how the polymer frame handles/transfers the recoil impulse was plain undesirable, even for short range sessions.

I've been tempted by the Colt Cobra on a few occasions because it offers everything I would prefer in a snubby (six rounds, supposedly very good trigger depending on sample, and fiber optic / replaceable front sight, etc.) but while I have seen a lot of good reviews, there are enough mixed reviews that it has kept me from investing in one so far.

The Taurus 856 has a lot going for it, and I have had a generally positive experience with a couple of more recent Taurus revolvers after my first one which was an early 90's Taurus 669 stainless 6" .357 that couldn't get through a box of 50 rounds without the cylinder locking up tight. The only Taurus I currently own is a Tracker .17 with a Taurus vent rib scope mount and pistol scope that is amazingly about the most mechanically accurate pistol I have ever owned / shot, no doubt in part to the intrinsic accuracy of the .17 HMR Hornady round, but can't sell Taurus short for their excellent execution as fit, finish, and trigger are all really nice on it. It is definitely firmly in the "don't ever sell" column for me.

The price on the 856 is so attractive, especially with the rebate, that it is going to be really hard to pass up the opportunity to roll the dice on one of these vs. considerably more for a 5 shot Ruger or 6 shot Colt .38.

Decisions...decisions....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dtech,

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Update:

I put 125 rounds down range today in my new Taurus 856 ultra lite, and they all went bang, there was 125 new holes on the target. No issues, no complaints. Decent gun for the money, so far.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Congrats bubba! Glad it worked out for you. The Taurus revolvers do offer a really good value, especially with the rebate!

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I need a extra gun , that could work for me you will not be shooting it every week end .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post