SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 Combat with green frame?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Combat with green frame? Login/Join 
posted
There's a P220 combat for sale locally. It's had an action job done by Sig and has a factory green frame. Is there anything special about this set up? I know they exist but I've never seen one. I'm not doing a very good job of talking myself out of buying it. It's not a killer deal but it's still interesting to me.

Posts: 166 | Registered: February 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the combats for the look. The frame shouldn't be green (but as long as its only anodized and not coated in some way its factory).
Special is in the eyes of the beholder. coatings, 1913 rail, chromed and threaded barrel, night sights, etc. They are not rare if that is something that is worth commenting to your 'I have never seen one'.
I'd pay a tiny bit more than what a 220 is worth but nothing substantial if that helps.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Do it !!!! Depending on the light it can look a little green or Gold.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3475 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
It's been a while since I've seen one for sale, but, I don't believe they were selling for much of a premium, if any, over a Combat.

IIRC, the model number is W220-45-SP and it should come with Hogue rubber grips.

Can't say for certain whether it's a true Combat with phosphate coated parts and the chrome lined barrel or just a special config 220 built on the Combat frame.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the help. It does have the rubber Hogue grips. Like I said the price isn't bad. $750 plus several boxes of factory self defense ammo. Adding in the factory action work it seems like a decent deal.

posted Hide Post
I bought one directly from top gun supply about 5 years ago. I sold it 3 years ago when I wanted to consolidate my pistols to 2 calibers. I do not remember what the sticker said on the box but I am almost positive that it was UDE220-45-CP-GN. I know the UDE means CPO, the CP means combat, and I always thought the GN stood for green. Mine did not have houge rubber grips, mine came with the standard 220 grips. Here are pics from when I put it up for sale.

They had about 5-10 in their show case when I bought mine. I know this is stereotipic to regret selling certain guns but it is one of the few in my lifetime that I wish I would have left in my safe.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I waited to long. It was gone today.

I would like to have another 220 some day. I'll catch a good one at some point.