SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Happiness is a new gun for daddy on Valentine's Day....(Walther PPQ 9mm subcompact)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happiness is a new gun for daddy on Valentine's Day....(Walther PPQ 9mm subcompact) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm not so sure now.

https://cdn.athlonoutdoors.com...ubcompact-sights.jpg

The hole in the slide plate, where you push in to remove the slide plate, is missing on the new pistol. It may very well be that you have to drift out that roll pin to remove the striker, and that stinks.

And oh, I just noticed- internal extractor. This is why they have that stupid hole in the chamber hood. With the internal extractor, the loaded chamber indicator is no longer present on the pistol, so they have a hole in the hood so that you can see if a round is chambered.

With regards to the plastic insert in the slide, I think I know why they did this- they are planning on a .40 caliber version of the pistol. In the .40 version, the plastic insert will not be there. Instead, the slide will have steel in that spot, thereby increasing the mass of the slide, with no external changes in slide dimensions.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107264 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sourkraut
posted Hide Post
Has anyone definitively determined if the full size PPQ mags will work in the SC model?

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis

Posts: 591 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, yes, that's another thing- what's this about putting a "spring kit" into 15 round PPQ mags, so that they'll work in the PPQ SC? Stronger mag springs are needed? Really?

Posts: 107264 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at one at a store today and they let me take it down. Internal breach block like an old sig, couldn't tell the material. Internal extractor, 9mm markings, roll pin appears to hold the end cap and breach block.

I agree it's probably a "universal" slide with interchangeable innards for .40 S&W.

Firing pin safety and trigger bar are different. Trigger pull was very good though, smooth take-up and very crisp break.

It sorta kinda seemed more Umarex influenced like some other "Walthers".

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
It sorta kinda seemed more Umarex influenced like some other "Walthers".

Did you look to see where it was manufactured? That would tell us whether it was a true Walther or an Umarex.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Looks nice but not nice enough to overtake my P99C. The AS trigger is my favorite from Walther.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Looks great, but my strong preference is for the paddle magazine release. If a sufficient number of people ask Walther to make a run or two...

Just curious, Mr. P. Are you not interested in the AS trigger offered in the 99PC AS?

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
About that roll pin, skip to 14:35:

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Watching these videos make me love this gun more and more.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Huh. Trying to find a holster for this is more of a challenge than I had imagined....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post