SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Happiness is a new gun for daddy on Valentine's Day....(Walther PPQ 9mm subcompact)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happiness is a new gun for daddy on Valentine's Day....(Walther PPQ 9mm subcompact) Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
2018 Walther PPQ 9mm SubCompact

Pics and range report to folllow.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Sweet.

My Dad is eyeing one of these. He loves his PPQ M2s, but wants something smaller to carry.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Having kids gets you guns? I've been doing this all wrong... Smile

Awesome gift.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Agreed!

Picked up my P320 X-Five on Wednesday, better than any box o chocolate could ever be!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Looks great, but my strong preference is for the paddle magazine release. If a sufficient number of people ask Walther to make a run or two...

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
great gun congratulations on it and having kids that would buy it for you.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Looks great, but my strong preference is for the paddle magazine release. If a sufficient number of people ask Walther to make a run or two...

Para, based on your comments in the other thread I asked about the paddle. The owner of the gun shop said that Americans for the most part resisted the paddle because they are so used to the release on either side of the grip. He said that the paddle tends to sell better overseas than here.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Walther sells more firearms in the US than anywhere else in the world. Plenty of US shooters prefer the paddle on the PPQ. That's why Walther has done at least two runs of the original PPQ, after the introduction of the M2 version.
If a sufficient number of shooters tells Walther they want a paddle mag version of this pistol, there's a very good chance that they'll respond.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I concur with the bilateral paddle mag release. I’m heavy on Gen1 mags and not buying Gen2 mags.
Please Walther, make a variant with paddles so we can make a splash for ya!

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the PPQ, Hope you enjoy it. I may jump on one eventually but I do own the PPS M2

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What's the purpose of the holes on each side of the slide behind the rear grooves?

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It's apparently a roll pin that holds the slide plate in place.

Not present on the full-size PPQs.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
It's apparently a roll pin that holds the slide plate in place.

Not present on the full-size PPQs.

Or, if the online images are correct, not all subcompact models.

I agree with your assessment of its function.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A roll pin. That's a drag.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Range report:

15 Yards out of the box....which seems pretty good. But...I was barely Center mass at 20 and off the paper completely at 25.

Granted, I don’t envision shooting 20+ yards in a carry situation, but I was surprised how much difference just 15 more feet make.

I need to get to the range more than just a few times a year.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
May I ask, if you know, what it was OTD?

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
May I ask, if you know, what it was OTD?

I do. $615

To add...I think I was most impressed with the trigger on this weapon. Double taps were shockingly easy. That is a feat I could not 'easily' accomplish on either my XD-SC or my Shield.

Using the 2nd 'flushed' magazine was interesting. With my pinky floating free I could still be accurate with it, but if my hands were slippery I would be concerned about it popping out of my hands.

Guys, I am SO happy with this gun.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
A roll pin. That's a drag.

I have no idea why that's bad?

At 4:15 in this video they get into the roll-pin.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I have no idea why that's bad?
Rogue said the roll pin holds the slide plate in place. Do you know how you remove the slide plate on a full-size PPQ? It's damn sure not with a hammer and punch. That would be a step backwards, to put it mildly.

Looking at the video, if the roll pin is simply to hold in a plastic insert and does not need to be removed to remove the slide plate, then it's of no consequence.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looking at the video, if the roll pin is simply to hold in a plastic insert and does not need to be removed to remove the slide plate, then it's of no consequence.

Thanks for that.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ