SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Weighted P220 base plate
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weighted P220 base plate Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted
I think I need weighted baseplates for my p220. About 30 percent of the time the empty mag doesn't drop all the way unassisted. Who makes a weighted baseplate?

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
A Long time ago there were solid brass ones available. I can not recall who made them. Over the weekend I will see if I still have a magazine with one on it and look for a manufacturer's name

I think I bought them through Brownells

The ones I had are for the older style 7 and 8 round magazines, not the current style 8 and 10 round magazines.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
A Long time ago there were solid brass ones available. I can not recall who made them. Over the weekend I will see if I still have a magazine with one on it and look for a manufacturer's name

I think I bought them through Brownells

The ones I had are for the older style 7 and 8 round magazines, not the current style 8 and 10 round magazines.

Thank you

CMSGT USAF (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Are the mags okay?

Back when I was still using those turds... er... ACT MAGS, that's how I realized they were split. They wouldn't drop free.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
One of my original 7 rounders doesn't drop free.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Are the mags okay?

Back when I was still using those turds... er... ACT MAGS, that's how I realized they were split. They wouldn't drop free.

No splits. They are stainless Italian mags P220-1. I am going to try polishing the mag well a bit and see if that helps

CMSGT USAF (Retired)

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Over the course of 12 years shooting 220's, I've never had a problem with stock mags not dropping free. Have you checked that your grip screws are not protruding into the magwell, as a start?

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajp3jeh
posted Hide Post
Also, the trigger bar reset spring tends to drag on the magazine. A little judicious removal of the offending end can make a huge difference.

AKA John E. Hearne

"Shoot deliberately" - Wyatt Earp
"Tache/psyche effect - a polite way of saying 'you suck.'" - GG
"The 8th Marines dominate an environment. You, with your pistol, merely exist." - GG
http://www.dvctargets.com - Promoting excellence and realisim in combative shooting.

Posts: 1748 | Location: Northern Mississippi | Registered: November 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Good suggestions. The grip screws do not protrude but there is a tiny bit of loc tite squeeze out at the end of the grip screws. Cleaned that up and will see if that clears it up.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)