SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W M&P mag ejection
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W M&P mag ejection Login/Join 
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted
Have a very early M&P .40S&W that I have .357sig and 9mm barrels for.

Issue is the gun during firing of the 9mm and 357sig (haven't shot .40S&W from it for a while) seems to eject mags out of it on its own.

multiple people have had this happen to them.

It is not a handling issue. Its happened shooting one handed and off hand. For several people that have tried it.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
early (2006-2007) M&P's mag releases had a metal insert that wasn't hardened. after some use, some of them experienced this.

get a new magazine release from brownells, speedshooter specialties or midway and it should go away.

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Car541 is correct. I would go as far as contacting Smith and Wesson and see if they will send you a magazine release for free.

It will take you all of 10 seconds to change it, and I bet they will make it right by you.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
The serial number is

MPA0xxx so yeah it's an early one, I will give them a call Tuesday thanks

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
**Update**

Gun is headed back to S&W for work.