SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Slip 2000 EWL 30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slip 2000 EWL 30 Login/Join 
posted
You don't hear much about this oil, but I've been experimenting with it on the rails of my Dan Wesson A2, and on my Sigs, for the last few months, and I like it. The thickness allows it to stay put, and minimizes migration, and is a little easier to clean up.

Have any of you tried this? Did you like it?

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I like it as well on handguns.

All the SLIP stuff is top notch IMO.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Slip2000, Slip2000 EWL, Slip 2000 EWL 30, and Slip2000 EWG- along with Slip's 725 degreaser, this is my system.

Slip2000- A terrific general gun lube

Slip2000 EWL- The same as Slip2000 but with additives for high-temp use. If I put Slip2000 on an AR barrel and heat it up by shooting, smoke comes off the barrel. If, instead, I put Slip2000 EWL on the barrel, very little smoke comes off the barrel, even when the barrel gets bloody hot. Make of that what you will.

Slip 2000 EWL 30- As you noted, it stays in place. I use EWL 30 on the rails of my AR BCGs and on the slide rails of my pistols. I've put EWL 30 on BCG rails and come back 6 months later and the rails are still wet. Seems unaffected by temperature extremes and won't run off, even with the rifle stored vertically. Highly recommended.

Slip2000 EWG- I use this light grease on, for example, sear engagements on my ARs.

The nice thing about all of the above products is that they can be mixed together with no adverse effects, such as gumming up.

Slip2000 725 Degreaser- Non-toxic and no more odor than Windex, if even that much. You can use it in the house without upsetting the wife.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it. I just got some of their grease the other day, and so far, I like it.

I had bought a big 20oz bottle of Mil-Comm degreaser, so that will last a long time; after it's gone I'll probably try some of the Slip 725.

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Definitely good stuff. I’ve used it mostly for a year or so. DSG usually has it.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I just did winter maintenance on all our work rifles this morning and only used Slip 2000 EWL 30. We should be good for awhile until I can get back to them in the spring. But I might do it again tomorrow since five of us got soaked in the rain this morning with our rifles out.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Slip2000 EWL, Slip 2000 EWL 30, and Slip2000 EWG-

+1
All my handguns & AR's get a coating inside & out (including bore) of EWL. Top it off on slides & bolt carriers with EWG.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BT2012
posted Hide Post
I just got samples of Gun Lube and EWL and haven't used it long enough but it seems to be good. I use their gun cleaner and works well and no odor at all.

Posts: 21 | Registered: November 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
What do you all recommend for the slide rails of a Glock carried for CCW? EWL, or the thicker EWL 30?

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
What do you all recommend for the slide rails of a Glock carried for CCW? EWL, or the thicker EWL 30?
I just use a drop of EWL at the indicated points on the Glock. I use the EWL 30 on my HKs and AR BCGs.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:

I've been using EWL30, but might switch to the lighter weight EWL as the temperatures begin to drop.

All good products although a bit harder to find than your run of the mill stuff.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So of the Slip products, which would be most similar to the good ol' Outers gun oil?

Posts: 338 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Good to hear. I’m thinking of switching and I need something that works well on 22LR guns.

I’ve been liking ALG GoJuice and works well, may not be the best on 22’s in colder weather, and I want a group of compatible products. Though I’ll use the rest of the MPro-7cleaner.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Slip emailed me back and suggested regular Slip2000 for the .22 LR pistols as it freezes at -110* F.

Is there a better place to buy than the Slip2000 website?

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Good stuff indeed, been using it for years, after switching from FP-10. Just jumped to check on my stash...about outa EWL 30. This stuff is my favorite, especially on the Sig alloy frame rails on 229's etc. A timely topic on the best Forum Smile

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So of the Slip products, which would be most similar to the good ol' Outers gun oil?

THIS!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
Good to hear. I’m thinking of switching and I need something that works well on 22LR guns.

I’ve been liking ALG GoJuice and works well, may not be the best on 22’s in colder weather, and I want a group of compatible products. Though I’ll use the rest of the MPro-7cleaner.

M Pro 7 and Slip 2000 725 are very similar cleaners. They both have the same faintly Windex-esque smell.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I’ve been using the EWL30 on my 5.56 carbine and now on my CZ Shadow 2. Works great on both, but I only started in April so temperature have been warm.

I also use the Slip2000 standard on the .22LR guns.

I have the mid weight EWL but haven’t used it, but will be on standby for colder weather carbine and centerfire pistol use.