SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Need help with S&W Bodyguard 380 disassembly
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help with S&W Bodyguard 380 disassembly Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted
Gentlemen,

A woman from my church asked me to take a look at her Bodyguard 380 because she could not reassemble it.

It turns out that she put it together, after cleaning, and forgot to install the takedown lever. And she cannot find it. Anyway, I cannot get the gun into battery. The slide will move about a half inch in either direction but that is all.

I called S&W and they were no help and I have not tried the S&W forums yet. I always get great advice here.

Is there anyone here that owns the gun and can guide me in the right direction?

My email address is hammertime57@gmail.com if you would like to deal direct. I can supply a phone number if you would like to walk me through any corrective steps.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does it have a laser? I know there were some issues with adjustment screws backing out. I think that had to do with dis-assembly though.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
No laser.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Try using a dental pick thru the takedown hole and wiggle the guide rod into a normal position, then you may be able to take it apart again

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11268 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike. That didn't work.
I broke a punch in the process.

posted Hide Post
Call S+W, they're very good about fixing guns and warranty work.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
If you cant find the takedown lever, you'll need one anyways. Ship it back to Smith.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. We were hoping to avoid the 6-8 week wait.
I'll send it back.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
You should be able to find a good local Gunsmith that can take it apart without sending back,

Posts: 23374 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post