SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So based on this SIG must still be doing some P239s/parts/mags.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So based on this SIG must still be doing some P239s/parts/mags. Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
https://www.thefirearmblog.com...andard-issue-pistol/

Long story short some OH PD just went with P226’s and P239’s. Unless it was a typo and they mean 229s.

Not a huge amount I am sure but I assume SIG would have to support them. Maybe some hope for those looking for mags???

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
https://www.thefirearmblog.com...andard-issue-pistol/

Long story short some TX PD just went with P226’s and P239’s. Unless it was a typo and they mean 229s.

Not a huge amount I am sure but I assume SIG would have to support them. Maybe some hope for those looking for mags???

Chris

Thats not Texas its Ohio. Franklin County is the county Columbus sits inside of Franklin.

My ears heard the P226 tac-ops was the gun they got. The "David" units are getting the 239. But will also have the 226 issued.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
My bad I was multi tasking and dealing with something in TX so my wires crossed. I fixed it.

Thanks

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Might by why all the parts and mags dried up so fast. All available went to fill that contract - for the rest, "NO SOUP FOR YOU"!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Probably like S&W and the 3rd Gen guns... Even after they were discontinued from normal production, for several years thereafter S&W would still do special runs of 3rd Gen guns for LE agencies, provided the order was large enough to justify it.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
SIG Sauer Germany may still be making some P239s as well, although they've dropped it from their website as well.

In the end it isn't like SIG destroyed the plans and equipment to make the P239, they just made a business decision to not offer it commercially anymore, probably because it wasn't selling as well as other models that make them more money.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
SIG Sauer Germany may still be making some P239s as well, although they've dropped it from their website as well.

In the end it isn't like SIG destroyed the plans and equipment to make the P239, they just made a business decision to not offer it commercially anymore, probably because it wasn't selling as well as other models that make them more money.

Heavens to Murgatroyd that Mad Ms Merkel will allow any SIG DE firearm to directly grace these shores anytime soon, even if by some odd chance that they're still running the P239 tooling over there.

Surprising that this agency didn't approve the P225-A1 instead; it's really not that much larger and it's an active part of SIG's lineup.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Franklin County is Columbus, Ohio. Including Ohio State. The Sheriff is going to buy at least a couple thousand, and that will influence Columbus PD, OSU PD, and some ritzy suburbs. it might be a bigger deal than it , at first, seems.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post