SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    This followed me home from Cabela's Gun Library
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This followed me home from Cabela's Gun Library Login/Join 
Picture of MrToad
posted
I've been mulling getting a 1911 for ccw for a while, and came across this at Cabela's via their Gun Library in NC:

Before I could pay, they had to price check because the price "seemed to low", but honored the other Cabela's pricing. Apparently they have margins the prices need to fall within.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MrToad,

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
What a great looking Kimber.

Congratulations.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I have the mate to that one, bought used from our county Sheriff. It was his carry gun. It's worked perfectly in spite of the spotty reputation those ittybitty 1911 type pistols have. I gave him $650 for it.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Congrats! That's a fine looking pistol.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
They can be nice pistols, but don't be surprised when that black frame starts to chip. The paint or whatever they used on the two that I own is a disappointment considering the rest of the pistol is so nice.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good looking gun! Congratulations

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
They can be nice pistols, but don't be surprised when that black frame starts to chip. The paint or whatever they used on the two that I own is a disappointment considering the rest of the pistol is so nice.
Yes, I've read about that tendency, though I've read that a number of folks swear by Birchwood Casey Super Black Touch Up Pen for smaller nicks and scratches in such cases.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrToad:
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
Yes, I've read about that tendency, though I've read that a number of folks swear by Birchwood Casey Super Black Touch Up Pen for smaller nicks and scratches in such cases.

And ditch the factory kimber mag.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, always fun to visit the Library occasionally.
Especially the Cabelas Gun Library.

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I bought a Pro-Carry CDP a a reward to myself for being smoke free for a year, this was before they came out with the Kimber II models ... as pointed out the black was a bit fragile and the chamber was so tight wouldn't feed my re-loads even after trying 3 different dies, it seemed to only like factory ammo. While it was tight and accurate I decided it was too nice to carry and if I ever had to use it it would be a shame to surrender it until all questions were answered ... I shot it a few times but mostly it was a safe queen for roughly 18 years when I finally sold it.

That being said, mine was a wonderful piece, nice trigger, short reset and it felt good in the hand ... enjoy it!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I had one of those, carried it for about a year.
Had a bunch of custom work done to it..
Sold it to buy a 9mm EMP, should have saved my money and kept the Kimber.
They ran about the same.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
I had one of those, carried it for about a year.
Had a bunch of custom work done to it..
Sold it to buy a 9mm EMP, should have saved my money and kept the Kimber.
<snip>

Yep ... several times since selling mine I've thought I should have not concerned myself with the beauty of it and just carried it as I don't shoot reloads in my carry guns anyway!

Turns out that that 45 was lighter than the G43 Talo I picked up for a carry piece about this time last year along with a IWB holster. I don't usually wear a belt so it isn't practical for my daily wardrobe ... I really really like the gun and the idea of a 9mm cartridge but I didn't think it through very well.

Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
Regarding the magazines, I've read a number of reviews that recommend the Wilson Combat OCX magazines for the Kimbers. Anyone have a similar experience/recommendation? I have the stock Kimber magazine but was curious on SF member experience in this arena.

Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
Too bad it's a Kimber, the company that loves to sell you 1 gun because you'd never buy another from them. LOL I had a Kimber once... Only once. Actually mine was a pre-serries 2 Commander size gun and it was pretty good. But that was because it was a pre-serries 2 gun.

This is a SIG forum so I'll show you what you should have found.

or

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your "new" Kimber. I have owned the same Kimber for years. It has never missed a beat, and has no problems shooting my reloads. I was sooo impressed with it that I bought a Kimber Aegis Pro in 9mm recently. It also runs great. I use Wilson mags in both guns.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a good lookin' Kimber.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
There was a time when the supplied mag was a cheap POS ... I don't know if that's still the case or not as I won't buy the Kimber-II guns. They do still produce the original design ... a couple years ago I was in my favorite toy shop and they had a Master Carry Custom which is the original 70 series design and I bought it ...

It pissed me off when they strayed from the Colt 70 series design just so they could sell guns in Commiefornia ... that was when I quit buying Kimbers ... that and they were basically coming out with a new model every month or two.

posted Hide Post
What's the difference between buying from the Gun library versus the regular gun counter at Cabela's?

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
What's the difference between buying from the Gun library versus the regular gun counter at Cabela's?

Library guns are lower production/harder to find and generally nicer.

posted Hide Post
The Library has mostly used guns.

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post