SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 FrankenLegion by Dave
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 FrankenLegion by Dave Login/Join 
Picture of NMDave
posted
Hey guys... just patting myself on the back for how this beauty turned out. I took a stripped 226 German frame, installed what I love about my factory 226 Legion. Result - no beaver tail... check, no rail... check, DA/SA with SRT sear/safety but the flat trigger from SAO. Then matted the frame with a factory fresh Legion slide and grips. So, here is my Christmas in July...

I did end up with the wrong trigger bar (my mistake) but Chris at Gray Guns is taking care of me. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NMDave,

Dave

Posts: 467 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice... I have done this with several of my Sigs.

If you want to go all the way, you also need to change the decocking lever and the slide stop. I will have to look, but I think those parts are labeled as P224 parts.

You will recognize those parts as they have the same cross checkering as the mag release, versus straight checkering.

Again, nice job.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks great! My 226 Legion is SAO, though I also prefer DA/SA. I've never tackled building something myself, but it looks intriguing.

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
It was really fun and VERY educational... lots of research, you tube, and help from the folks here. Honestly, I could have bought a used legion 226 for less than I ended up spending but, would not have been near as much fun or the sense of pride doing it myself.

Dave

Posts: 467 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
Very nice... I have done this with several of my Sigs.

If you want to go all the way, you also need to change the decocking lever and the slide stop. I will have to look, but I think those parts are labeled as P224 parts.

You will recognize those parts as they have the same cross checkering as the mag release, versus straight checkering.

Again, nice job.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Yeah, I knew there was a difference but didn’t bother me till now... Wink

Dave

posted Hide Post
NMDave...

That was not a criticism, just wasn't sure if you knew.

Again... very nice.

My "wannabe Legions" do not have the real slide or grips. They have standard slides with all upgraded Legion internals, Trijicon HD sights, updated Legion internals in the frame and the Hogue checkered G10 grips.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
NMDave...

That was not a criticism, just wasn't sure if you knew.

Again... very nice.

My "wannabe Legions" do not have the real slide or grips. They have standard slides with all upgraded Legion internals, Trijicon HD sights, updated Legion internals in the frame and the Hogue checkered G10 grips.

I knew... was my attempt at sarcastic humor. I am still looking for the legion style catch and decocker levers. All good boz, my skin is thicker than that.

Dave

Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Thanks to the fantastic customer service from Gray Guns, all the right pieces are now in place. Just shot the first FLAWLESS 200 rounds through the newest addition to my SIG family. I declare this project a success. Even comparing the feel and action against my “real” legion, it shot awesome... actually the trigger action is even smoother in this Frankenlegion.

Took a pic with the two side by side to show the differences and why this one is more carry friendly.

I also want to thank the SIGforum members that were so helpful in answering my questions along the way!

Dave

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Nothing better than being able to get yours the way you want them. I've been known to try similar ideas with mine and a 357 Sig Legion would be interesting...

If I keep looking at yours, I might have to get me a Legion sooner than I had planned. Wink

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
It was a lot of fun for sure! It’s also kinda cool having a one off. A 357 sounds like a cool idea for a FrankenLegion. No need to rush, just start pulling together different pieces till you have what you want to put in it.

Dave