SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M17/P320 modularity questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M17/P320 modularity questions Login/Join 
posted
I have a few questions about the M17/P320s and their capabilities.
Is the fire control module different between M17s purchased with or without safety?

Will grip modules for X-versions work in the regular M17/P320s?

How many different slide sizes are there?

How many different magazine sizes are there (based on model size, not round qty)?

If carry sizes do take the full magazine size, will it take the extended mags too?

I appreciate any help in answering these questions. Also, does anyone know of any websites dedicated to this firearm?
I own the weapons but am not able to do much more than read right now. Hopefully things will improve and I’ll be on the range again soon.

===================
P229 RX Legion
P938 Legion
P238 Legion
(3) M17s w/MS, wo/MS and Commemorative
Mosquito
Ruger P89--Ruger 10/22

AR15 **awaiting assembly**

Posts: 8 | Location: Southeast-in God's and guns country | Registered: September 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iggy1956:
Is the fire control module different between M17s purchased with or without safety?

Yes. The true M17 has manual safety levers built into the FCU.

The standard P320s (including the commercial quasi-M17s) are available with or without manual safeties.

quote:
Will grip modules for X-versions work in the regular M17/P320s?

The X-series grips are not cut for the manual safety. So a non-safety FCU will drop in, but you will need to modify the grips with cutouts for the manual safety levers if you want to use a FCU with a manual safety.

Cutting these notches for the manual safety levers can be accomplished relatively easily with a Dremel/files/sandpaper, with a bit of talent.

quote:
How many different slide sizes are there?

Size-wise, there are three: Full Size, Carry/Compact, and Subcompact.

But these three sizes are available in a few different variations with/without various optics cuts. And the X-series slides, while the same sizes as their normal counterparts, are styled differently.

quote:
How many different magazine sizes are there (based on model size, not round qty)?

Three. Full Size/Carry, Compact, and Subcompact.

quote:
If carry sizes do take the full magazine size, will it take the extended mags too?

Yes. You can use extended mags in the Compact or Subcompact too, they will just protrude from the grip quite a bit.

Posts: 32507 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks RogueJSK. You answered them all and I’m grateful.

===================
P229 RX Legion
P938 Legion
P238 Legion
(3) M17s w/MS, wo/MS and Commemorative
Mosquito
Ruger P89--Ruger 10/22

AR15 **awaiting assembly**

Posts: 8 | Location: Southeast-in God's and guns country | Registered: September 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post