SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 flat trigger malfunctioning
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 flat trigger malfunctioning Login/Join 
posted
I installed a factory flat trigger in my P365 without issue. I then installed a factory flat trigger in my P320 with X-Compact grip. With the flat trigger, each cycle of the slide provided a variety of different trigger feels. One feels normal, one feels lighter with zero overtravel after the striker is released, and another results in the trigger being pulled fully, but the striker not releasing. I reassembled it several times and still got the same results. The trigger spring wasn’t bent or damaged. I tried lifting up on the slide stop, as well.

When I gave up on the flat trigger and reinstalled the original, the pistol functions perfectly again. I’ve tried researching online in regard to the flat triggers needing to be fitted, without luck. Has anybody experienced the same and found a way to resolve it, and do the flat triggers sometimes require fitting?

Posts: 848 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've put flat triggers in a dozen different P320's without any issues. I assume you're talking about the Sig stock flat trigger.

Your pistol is an upgraded pistol with the current trigger, and not the old style? It has the "upgrade" modifications done?

I have the factory trigger, Grayguns trigger(s), and apex triggers; all function flawlessly in my P320's and P365's. You shouldn't have any fitment issues of the factory trigger. It won't have the shortened overtravel or reset of say, a Grayguns trigger, especially the newer adjustable trigger that they offer, but the factory trigger should work and function just as your factory flat trigger did. This, assuming that we're talking about the post-"upgrade" pistol.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the reply. Yes, stock factory flat trigger, and my pistol does have the upgrade.

Posts: 848 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
They should not require any fitting, they are a drop in part. They do have a slightly different geometry than the standard trigger, and it sounds like you may have one that is out of spec though. I haven't heard of this issue before, but it does sound strange.

My first guess is the trigger is out of spec some how since the problem rectifies itself when you put the factory trigger back in.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post