SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Faulty Sig 320 X-FIVE, Sig sending me a new gun~~~
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Faulty Sig 320 X-FIVE, Sig sending me a new gun~~~ Login/Join 
posted
Purchased a Sig 320-X-five about 6 weeks ago....most accurate handgun I gave ever shot. I posted on a problem I had with it (see below). Since I could not get the slide to remain open on the last round...30/30 times, I sent it in to sig. It stayed on their shelf for almost 3 weeks but received an email stating that they would be sending me a new 320 X-Five. Could never get them to tell me what was wrong. Any Insights????

[posted February 16, 2018 06:22 AM
I just love the feel and the accuracy of the New P3320 X-Five, but this handgun will be going back to Sig this morning for diagnostics and repair. I get a lot of FTE’s and stove piping, decreasing in frequency after about 500 rounds through the P320 X-Five, but still often after the last round is fired in a magazine. Yesterday I fired single round magazines using several magazines and 30/30 times the slide did not remain open. I think I eliminated a bad magazine using different magazines. Any suggestions on the cause? Also, with a loaded magazine when I rack the slide multiple times to empty the magazine, the rounds tend to jam up, not fully removing a round from battery. Sig customer service told me not to do this but to remove the magazine.... never had this happen with a Glock or any of my other P226's. Opinions? Anyone else with a P-320 X-Five had any problems? ]

Posts: 85 | Registered: July 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
Sounds like maybe an out of spec chamber was the issue?

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Mine has been running pretty well but today I had 3 stovepipes, each time after a reload during the match. I thought it may have been ammo but all 3 were the first shot after a reload.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting.... should not stove pipe 3 in a row like that unless there was an ammo problem or something else. I love the 320 X-Five but will take my Glock 17 to the IDPA match this upcoming weekend.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Virginia Gentleman:
Interesting.... should not stove pipe 3 in a row like that unless there was an ammo problem or something else. I love the 320 X-Five but will take my Glock 17 to the IDPA match this upcoming weekend.

Yeah, it was a little weird. I am going on the assumption it was ammo. I am a SIG fan and an HK fanboy, but more and more I think the simpler it is the better. Hard to argue with the Glock 17Smile

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

posted Hide Post
UPDATE: Sig said I will have to wait until they finish their next production run.

posted Hide Post
Ugh, that sucks!! I guess the good news is you'll get a fresh oneSmile

posted Hide Post
General consensus is that the P320, Xfives are way over sprung, which I agree with, so I ended up replacing the guide rod, with a 13# recoil spring.

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post