SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Replacement triggers for M&P Shield?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replacement triggers for M&P Shield? Login/Join 
posted
Ok, it's not a SIG pistol question but . . .

Anyone have experience with replacement triggers for the M&P Shield 9mm?

For example: Apex, Hyve, etc?

Pro's/Con's?
Advice?
Suggestions?
Installation tips?

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I installed the Hyve and like it a lot. It doesn’t change the weight or the reset but now there is zero pre travel. Just a crisp break right from the get.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dusty78,

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
I have Apex in at least 3 of my M&Ps, including my Shields. They provide a very crisp trigger pull.

Posts: 618 | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Apex is the OG in this game. Everyone else plays catch up.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Apex in mine. Very happy.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Apex for the win. I've got the duty/carry kit in my .45 as well as the flat trigger. Very very nice. The kind of trigger I'd be happy with in a target gun.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Apex in mine too. Duty/carry kit in my shield and a comp kit in a gen 1 CORE. Both with flat faced triggers.
They're Glock trigger is kinda meh, but but the Smith stuff is pretty good. Waiting on an aluminum shoe to be released for a 2.0 compact.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2734 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the Apex. Fantastic.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8765 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Being the thrifty type that I am, it's hard to spend that much money for a better trigger on a gun that costs that little.
Seems likely that a Shield 2.0 will come along at some point and you'll get a better trigger and barrel and who knows what else.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Being the thrifty type that I am, it's hard to spend that much money for a better trigger on a gun that costs that little.
Seems likely that a Shield 2.0 will come along at some point and you'll get a better trigger and barrel and who knows what else.

Shield 2.0 is already out (the .45 was the precursor to that too, still didn't like the trigger)

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
^^ And ain't it grand to have options!

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I love the Apex trigger & sear in my Shield.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post