SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Custom trigger for a P227?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom trigger for a P227? Login/Join 
Picture of mcltc
posted
I’ve had the 227 for a few years now, and though I like the pistol, the spongy trigger is really starting to get to me. Though the GreyGuns web site says their trigger fits the 227 frame, I found out the hard way that it does not. Can anybody recommend a good custom trigger that they know works on the 227? I don’t want to blow another Franklin on a won’t fit solution. Does anybody besides me even still have a 227??

"Nothing ruins a good war story like a good eyewitness" - Annonymous

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcltc:
I’ve had the 227 for a few years now, and though I like the pistol, the spongy trigger is really starting to get to me.

What exactly does "spongy" mean?
quote:
Though the GreyGuns web site says their trigger fits the 227 frame, I found out the hard way that it does not.

GGI has various triggers on their site. Which one did you order? For example, certain ones fit only DAK frame, and if you ordered that, it will not work in your P227. And, did you contact them and discuss the issue? If so, what was the outcome?
quote:
Can anybody recommend a good custom trigger that they know works on the 227? I don’t want to blow another Franklin on a won’t fit solution. Does anybody besides me even still have a 227??

Until one knows what "spongy" means, it's hard to recommend anything, and replacing one trigger with another likely will not solve the sponginess.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcltc
posted Hide Post
Reset is far from crisp - clean break, but after the reset, about 2 mm of takeup before you hit the wall again. And you’re right, different triggers for different frames (mine has the DAK cutout), but the trigger bar is too long. I did send GG customer service an e-mail about exchanging for another trigger - two months ago, no word.

posted Hide Post
ive never had an issue with a p226 trigger going on a p227. they are the same.

I got rid of mine a couple years ago but always hated the skinny trigger.

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Contact Armory Craft, they might have something for you.
This just in.
https://www.armorycraft.com/pr...t-adjustable-trigger
Their triggers look look this...

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
The regular triggers should fit them all.
The ELS trigger kit have DAK and non DAK versions.

The trigger is just a lever, if you have creep or some such then a trigger will not cure that.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Hello! Please shoot me an email to my personal address:
Bruce@grayguns.com. I’ll find out why you didn’t get a response. We guarantee everything we do for life, and I’ll assure your satisfaction. I’m a bit mystified as to why you purchased an EDC kit for your 227, as we don’t offer it for that model as a drop-in part and our website should be clear about that. No matter, However. If you’d like, I’ll make you up a custom trigger bar for you to try. I apologise for your frustration.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
The regular triggers should fit them all.
The ELS trigger kit have DAK and non DAK versions.

The trigger is just a lever, if you have creep or some such then a trigger will not cure that.

It’s evident the OP purchased a kit with a non-compatible trigger bar by mistake. It’s understandable that this simply isn’t going to work. We’ll take care of him.

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post

Armory Craft offers 2 different shapes of adjustable triggers for P227 pistols. Both have the same function as far as adjustability/reduction of pretravel in DA and overtravel is DA and SA.

In addition to triggers, you may also consider the Low Mass Performance Skeleton Hammer, the larger X5/X6 SuperMatch style takedown lever (both pictured here) as well as the Classic P-series 8 pieces Ultimate Master Spring Tuning Kit.

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcltc
posted Hide Post
Gotta hand it to Bruce from Gray Guns for not only reaching out, but for following the forums -kudos that customer service isn’t dead to some!

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon and a belated Merry Christmas! I’m relieved that we finally connected up and corrected the bug in our CS system. I look forward to hearing your feedback on the custom enhanced leverage solution we have for you. Thank you again!

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
^^^

Can't beat that!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcltc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Good afternoon and a belated Merry Christmas! I’m relieved that we finally connected up and corrected the bug in our CS system. I look forward to hearing your feedback on the custom enhanced leverage solution we have for you. Thank you again!

-Bruce

Looking forward to it - thanks for reaching out!

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcltc:
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:

-Bruce

Looking forward to it - thanks for reaching out!

Again, it’s my privilege to help you. I’m sorry we lost your previous message! Knowing we’ve had a few customer service requests Like yours slip through our net, I’m going to every length to find these folks and take care of ‘em. Our lifetime guarantee is devalued unless everyone can access it.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.