SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Will you buy a glock that is battleworn?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will you buy a glock that is battleworn? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
That red one is the worst I've seen, tell me that's not real. I can do that in less than a minute with a can of spray paint.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3527 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That red one is absurd.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
That red one is absurd.

I think it will be popular with Little Boosie and his crowd. It will be easier for LEO to spot though, so that is a plus. Perhaps safety orange would be best. Sort of like those vanity license tags, easy for cops to remember. Remember police departments are a big market for Glock.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Instant Tier 4 Operator.

"This is the Glock I carried in the Nam's."

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
They need to fire a designer at Glock. That red pistol is ridiculous.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Um, no.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Nope...all things that get used will show wear and develop a patina all their own...guns, clothes and especially people...it's the natural order of the universe Smile...

To me it would be like buying a new cowboy action shotgun with all those little crescent shaped dents from ejected rifle brass already there (and paying more to boot) Wink

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
No. False wear is ridiculous.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys, it's a finish. Period.

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to think it makes the pistol appear like it's been in combat. It's just a different finish that will appeal to some. I like them, but wouldn't pay extra for it.

Coloring pistols has been big business for manufacturers and service vendors. Go to the various firearm forums, and it's ridiculous how many posters go ga-ga over flat dark earth, battlefield green, grey, or some other color.

Yesterday I visited a local shop and saw brown pistols, grey pistols, turquoise pistols. Even a purple one. I wouldn't buy them, but others will. They also had a collection of the "battle worn" firearms in a cabinet. They don't look "battle worn" to me, but something painted up for a movie about zombies (also a popular theme among the casual shooting crowd).

The only time my pistol will be seen is if things have gone very wrong, and at that stage nobody cares what it looks like. Until then, I'd prefer a subdued appearance that makes it less visible. I'd rather spend my money on sights and ammunition, or another firearm.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to think it makes the pistol appear like it's been in combat. It's just a different finish that will appeal to some.

Agreed. I would never buy one, but I kinda like the look of some of them. I've seen and carried plenty of issued military guns and none of them looked like that. It isn't really a simulation of wear, just a finish style.

Here's the M9 I was issued for Afghanistan...not quite the same look (and no, I didn't do any of the damage either! That beat up old gun sure ran though, no issues)

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's probably just me. But that red Glock reminds me of a cooked lobster.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Those look ridiculous.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The red one?
WTF is that?

However, the "Battle worn"? I like the front serrations, the other relief cuts, hell no!

I have a G-21 that looks kinda like that. it took about 10-12 years of EDC on the streets of Chicago to look like that, though. Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Little Boosie

Have to Google this one....oh...

quote:

Yes it is a finish. And a fugly one at that. As for that 'period' thought...well, yes, that crimson hued Glock does indeed look like it just had its period.

I get that there will be people who find these cool and attractive and whatnot. I also get that there is a definition disconnect with calling something 'battle-worn' and implied meaning when it comes to product marketing. This is the sort of finish that appeals to the FPS video gamer crowd, fantasy/sci-fi pop culture and those whose very existence is intertwined in the depths of graphic novels (aka 'comic books'). Whatever. I just know that it's not for me. Not even close.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texagun
posted Hide Post
A can of flat black Rustoleum and 3 minutes and that gun would look like new. Smile

Posts: 333 | Location: North Texas | Registered: March 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
Eek we just got the Red battleworn glock 19s... not really my cup of tea, but I figured they'd have a better response than they do... o well live and learn... your LGS seems pretty high at 699 though just my opinion...

Red?! I hope that is a joke.

Not a joke Cool

Holy SHIT I just threw up in my mouth a little bit!!!

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The "battleworn" finish wouldn't be a deal-breaker, but I'd want a discount.

Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it.

Posts: 1552 | Location: SF Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Nope... No Glocks for me ever....

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
Here's my 21SF, which is bulging cases so the gun is heading back to Glock.

Stock aside from frame work, Trijicons, and paint job.

The powder residue at the muzzle... that's just powder residue. Not Cerakote. Because sometimes it's good to stop arguing about Glocks on the internet and actually go shoot them.

The rest of the slide is all Cerakote fakery, though. The dots on the barrel are just CLP from shooting. Barrel is OEM finish (and a ticking time bomb)

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who did your frame work?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post