SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Will you buy a glock that is battleworn?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will you buy a glock that is battleworn? Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
That has the new Battleworn coating, saw one at my LGS last night, even the big G is into marketing different coatings.

Legal Manufacturing’s latest offering is the NIB BATTLEWORN® Mod 2 Glock® 21. The factory Glock® is modified to improve the functionality, balance and assist with weapon manipulation. The factory Glock® 21 slide is plated in Legal Manufacturing’s patent pending NIB BATTLEWORN®. The factory Glock® 21 barrel and additional Lone Wolf Alpha threaded barrel and cap are plated in a matte variant of Legal Manufacturing, LLC’s proprietary NIB ONE®. Legal Manufacturing’s nickel boron plated surfaces reduce the operating friction of the firearm due to the low static coefficient of friction without the need for lubrication. Legal Manufacturing has made the additional modifications to enhance the performance of the NIB BATTLEWORN® Mod 2 Glock® 21:

added forward serrations and weight reducing side and top slide cuts;
removed the finger grooves, reduced the pistol grip and undercut the trigger guard;
added a unique stippled texture to the pistol grip;
added a NIB BATTLEWORN® plated SSVi Tyr trigger; which was designed to be the next evolution in an EDC/duty trigger and maintains all current safeties built into the Glock Safe Action system but enhances the leverage used when actuating trigger; and added Glock® factory night sights.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the description. But it lacks one detail. The price?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Bought one a couple of weeks ago, Gen 4 Battleworn Glock 19.

Its going to be my "barbecue gun" Smile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I like the description. But it lacks one detail. The price?

$699 was the price on the gun at my LGS..

http://www.legalmanufacturing....worn-mod-1-glock-19/

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Gen 2 Glock 17 police trade-in that is naturally "battle-worn" but I would not buy a new gun that was artificially aged.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
No

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
all the girls nowadays buy jeans with holes already in them.

I remember when jeans were blue, like really blue!

Now I can say, i remember when Glocks were black!
Smile

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nope, not fake battle worn.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
It actually looks pretty good in person, not in the market myself but it sure stands out in the case, much better than the odd Battle Tan or Oh DEE green or Lipsey grey models, at least it looks metalically...

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Nope not for me.
I prefer to wear them in the oldfashioned way Wink

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Nope nope nope......

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not my cup of tea.

In all fairness though, at least it doesn't look like somebody dropped a grenade on it. Razz

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Perfect for mall ninjas, sitting around the camp fire telling tales of their going into harm's way again and again...

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Why? What does it do that a standard Glock cannot?

Low friction, huh? Yeah, that's always been an issue with Glocks, right?

Cutting holes in the slide? Pointless except for movie prop masters, or competition shooters running powder puff loads.

Pass

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107579 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veni,vidi,Vici
Picture of Campusninja
posted Hide Post
To each his own, I prefer the "earned it" route.

Posts: 1260 | Location: Michigan | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
That would go nicely with my $500 fake dirty jeans from Nordstrom lol.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrtuna:
That would go nicely with my $500 fake dirty jeans from Nordstrom lol.

Holy shit that is fantastic!!! I can't stop laughing damn near crying!

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
The finish is pretty attractive, I think.
The name put me off, though.

I don't want "Battle"-anything. I've never been in a battle.

I didn't serve and I respect the sacrifices of anyone who ever did.

I'll take mine in black.

YMMV,

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I don't mind wear, but I strongly prefer it to be honest. There's been big money in beating guitars to shit and selling them as "relics". I'm surprised it has taken this long to get to the gun market.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Nope.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post