SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta and expletives...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta and expletives... Login/Join 
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
Shooting in our IDPA club, you would be hearing "muzzle" on those reloads.
Did the guys at :22 and 3:00 have some sort of death wish?

I most likely wouldn't. The Go Pro is mounted on the bill of the hat facing about 40 degrees down with the fisheye on. It appears that way because of the angles the camera gets. No death wishes, just the fisheye lens that makes it appear that way.

quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
Premature slide lock? what happened?

On the 1st stage? I think my support hand slowed the slide, which resulted in a stove pipe. That stage kinda went downhill from there.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
You've said before you prefer the 92A1 of all the variants. I think. Can you elaborate why? I'm considering one. It has a different recoil system than all other 92s, doesn't it?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sea Bass:
Yes, that helps, thankyou. I'll have to try the hole in the bill of a ball cap when I get a GoPro.

Thanks again,
SB
Go Pros are nice, but you may want to look at the ION Air Pro or the Contour Roam cameras.

The one I use, Air Pro Lite Wi-Fi, can be had for $40 on Amazon. The Contour Roam 2 and 3, can be had for $100 and $130 respectively on Amazon.

I really wanted a Go Pro Session, but couldn't stomach the cost, when the Air Pro Lite does what I need for less than $50. I have mine rigged up to the headband of my earpro, just above the ear cup.

I've also seen people rig those cameras and Contour Roam right on the earcups of their earpro.

I really like the Contour cameras too, but I'm a cheapskate.

Just something to think about before dropping lots of cash.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
You've said before you prefer the 92A1 of all the variants. I think. Can you elaborate why? I'm considering one. It has a different recoil system than all other 92s, doesn't it?

First - Removable sights. In todays day and age, I can't see why Beretta dose not beef up the front of the slide and dove tail on all models.

They seem to be everywhere, they aren't particularly popular and readily available.

The recoil system is a captured spring and rod. It can use the standard 92 rod and spring and it does have a buffer system. It's a removable piece of aluminum that also houses the take down mechanism.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piedrarc:
quote:

First - Removable sights. In todays day and age, I can't see why Beretta dose not beef up the front of the slide and dove tail on all models.

They seem to be everywhere, they aren't particularly popular and readily available.

The recoil system is a captured spring and rod. It can use the standard 92 rod and spring and it does have a buffer system. It's a removable piece of aluminum that also houses the take down mechanism.

The 92 series doesn't seem to be very popular around here, at all. The local pawn shops usually have a number of them, on the shelves.
I've been able to pick up some of older FS models at times, from the pawn shops.
I flipped an early Centurion a couple of years ago, after picking it up for a steel at a local PS.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a kick out of the expletives. Big Grin

That was one thing I noticed about myself once I started filming my stages. At first I was like, holy crap do I swear a bunch when things are not going the way I want it to. As time has gone on I notice that I don't do it as much anymore. When it gets bad though and one slips out I just kill the sound on that stage when I put the video together and claim something was wrong with the sound on that stage.

I applaud you for leaving them in though.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Still shooting Ray. Really miss the videos sir. Hope all is well.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Still shooting Ray. Really miss the videos sir. Hope all is well.

Ray isn’t on the internet much these days. I talk to him a couple times a month and he’s doing well.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry are you using a .40? as your only using 10-11 round per mag as I count. or in California?

sig nut', haulin' 3 sig 228's

Posts: 264 | Location: over lookin' beach and border | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
At 0.22 in the video just as the shooter transitions from shooting targets on the left to the targets to the right, it could be camera angle, it could be a mannequin but it looks like a woman in a blue shirt is down range while the shooter is engaging the target. Am I seeing that right?

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:
At 0.22 in the video just as the shooter transitions from shooting targets on the left to the targets to the right, it could be camera angle, it could be a mannequin but it looks like a woman in a blue shirt is down range while the shooter is engaging the target. Am I seeing that right?
At the top of this page he explains the camera angle and lens giving the effect of a shooter down range.

I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing. Pickle Rick.

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bushmonkey9:
Sorry are you using a .40? as your only using 10-11 round per mag as I count. or in California?
he’s shooting Production division. And this is a 2 year old thread FYI and the OP has not been around much lately.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post