SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta and expletives...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta and expletives... Login/Join 
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted
From todays USPSA match.

Link to video
Today's match......

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the video camera make the distances on these look longer. some of these shots look incredible long.
I love the videos and thanks for posting them.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HawkeyeJohn
posted Hide Post
Wide lenses tend to do that.

Posts: 383 | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
While that's not a world of difference to IDPA, it does seem faster, like time plays into it more. A lot more targets, some a real challenge. You get to move a lot in this game. The coarse of fire is a nice set up.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
All in all looks good.

You need to use movement as a time to reload. Instead of running to slide lock all the time and needing to reload in the middle of a string. Make sense. Your shooting speed is fine, your splits seem fine, you just need to manage your time better and you will knock several seconds off a stage by simply doing that.

Even if you've only shot 4 shots and need to move, reload while you're moving.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting, piedarc. Always a pleasure to watch.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Wide lenses tend to do that"
Ok but by how much. I'm trying to get a perspective of the distances and speed. For example piedrarc how far is that plate rack at about :54 into the video.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I was planning to use a Beretta yesterday but it felt like rain was imminent so I stayed home. Of course it did not rain... At least the gazpacho that I made tastes good.

Its not the rain but the mud that bothers me. An okay match is bettef than none.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:
All in all looks good.

You need to use movement as a time to reload. Instead of running to slide lock all the time and needing to reload in the middle of a string. Make sense. Your shooting speed is fine, your splits seem fine, you just need to manage your time better and you will knock several seconds off a stage by simply doing that.

Thanks, also I've been shooting a few disciplines and juggling the rules. I will probably narrow it down to one. With in service training and such, it makes it hard.

quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Ok but by how much. I'm trying to get a perspective of the distances and speed. For example piedrarc how far is that plate rack at about :54 into the video.

I think its about 12 yards away.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not sure what camera he uses, but I use an ION Air Pro Lite, with a 170 degree field of view, wide angle lens.

On screen it makes targets that are actually 10 yards away appear as if they are 20 to 25 yards away.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piedrarc:
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:
All in all looks good.

Thanks, also I've been shooting a few disciplines and juggling the rules. I will probably narrow it down to one. With in service training and such, it makes it hard.

quote:

I think its about 12 yards away.

I was going to say something about the reloads too, but you are otherwise a much better shooter than I am (assuming most of those were A's. If I've shot more than a couple of rounds and my feet are moving I reload.

As for the cursing, about par for the course for me, you can tell when I'm really pissed at myself because you can see the GoPro moving as I shake my head in disgust.

Love to see you rocking the Beretta! I'm the only one running a DA/SA in the matches I shoot. People are always asking me is that a 22X your using, with a look of bewilderment. Yep. I don't care if I shoot 55% instead of 60%, I'm always right around the median score or so. I do it for fun and proficiency with what I normally carry/shoot.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how do you remember where all the targets are?

how many times do you get to run the course, prior to the actual contest ?
is the course exactly the same , month in and month out ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

It can be challenging sometimes. Pour on the speed and errors creep up. Once your squad is on deck you can dry run the stage a few times. I generally go through one time.
I believe the stages constantly change. I'm new to USPSA, so we shall see.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

By studying the stage closely and doing a good "walkthrough" to identify target location and the best area from which to shoot at them.

Zero, other than the walkthrough. Which includes a lot of "airgunning" and "ghost reloads" to try to set a behavior pattern.

USPSA has a book of Classifiers to establish your place in the pecking order. You will normally see one per match, although there are provisions for Special Classifier matches so the new guys can get enough scores to be classified in one trip.
Otherwise the emphasis is on novelty. You will seldom see the same stage twice and little chance of ever seeing the same match twice.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
Hey man nice shooting. I enjoy your videos and love the fact you are kicking ass with a 90 series Beretta.

Would you mind showing a pic of your GoPro setup for range use? Thinking of getting one.

Thanks,
SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sea Bass:
Hey man nice shooting. I enjoy your videos and love the fact you are kicking ass with a 90 series Beretta.

Would you mind showing a pic of your GoPro setup for range use? Thinking of getting one.

Thanks,
SB

Thank you.

I use the Hero 3+ black edition, at the time it was the one on sale.
I actually use a baseball cap and drill a hole in the bill. Using the GoPro Tripod attachment and a screw and locking washer from Home Depot, its been the best option for me. I have plenty of cheap disposable hats and when they get full of dirt and sweat, I drill a hole in a new one and toss out the old one. I have been extremely happy with the view and the durability of this set up. Hope this helps.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
Yes, that helps, thankyou. I'll have to try the hole in the bill of a ball cap when I get a GoPro.

Thanks again,
SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
I've just started to shoot IDPA in the last couple of months.
Love to watch your videos !!
Great shooting !!

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Premature slide lock? what happened?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Shooting in our IDPA club, you would be hearing "muzzle" on those reloads.
Did the guys at :22 and 3:00 have some sort of death wish?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post