SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Tac Ops 1911 (How are they?)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Tac Ops 1911 (How are they?) Login/Join 
Picture of Com 45acp
posted
Looking at a nice used one. What can you tell
Me about them. Looking for a range gun. Also considering a like new Colt 1991. Same price but the colt I can customize to my liking as I go along.

Posts: 521 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I love mine. Got it CPO in .357 sig and got a Nowlin .40 barrel fit to it.

The SIG factory mags and mec-gar mags work fine in .357 sig. With the .40 barrel, the mec-gars don't work well, but the SIG mags and Wilson mags work fine.

Very pleased with the gun.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I have two. One in 45 acp & the other in 10mm. They have been both reliable & accurate. I wouldn’t hesitate buying them again.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
I have three of them all in different calibers and they perform very well. The only thing I do not like is the grips on the 10mm.

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boston SWAT adopted Tac Ops in 45acp and really like it. They are high round count shooters and the guns are holding up well.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have one in 10mm. I’d buy it again.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love mine. I have used it hard and it is a Great 1911 in .45 acp. VI

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one in .45 a couple of years ago, and it is one of my favorite pistols due to the reliability, accuracy, and features. It is hard to find a pistol in that price range with so many nice features like front strap checkering, rail, and multiple magazines (4). I did change out the grips.

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rockyriver
posted Hide Post
I have almost all of them (I don't own the 40 S&W), They are about average on accuracy for 1911's

I have 2 45 ACP's
1 9mm
1 357sig
1 10mm

Posts: 38 | Registered: January 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a few stoppages in my traditional tacops .45acp a few years back. Low quality ammo, but I was used to Glocks so I was still a bit disappointed. The gun shot amazing though, most accurate I'd ever been with a handgun.

Posts: 11 | Registered: May 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post