SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    AIWB injury with INCOG and Glock
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AIWB injury with INCOG and Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Ouch!!! It really hurts watching this video. For that reason I do not AIWB carry. I 4:00 carry IWB or preferably, OWB, with a sport jacket or shirt untucked.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fquico:
Ouch!!! It really hurts watching this video. For that reason I do not AIWB carry. I 4:00 carry IWB or preferably, OWB, with a sport jacket or shirt untucked.

Its not a method of carry problem, its a lack of diligence problem.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Glock firing pin is not cocked until such time as the trigger is pulled.

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I’ve started carrying AIWB and on the rare occasions I do draw, when I need to reholster I take the holster out of my pants, then put the gun in then put it all back in my pants.

Never be in a hurry to reholster and always look

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a glock, the striker is "half-cocked. That tension that resets the trigger and pulls it forward? That's the striker doing the work; it's hooked, and it only takes rearward motion of the trigger to fully retract the striker and discharge the weapon.

There is NO way the weapon could have been discharged by bending over, it it was properly secured in that holster.

The previous issue with a in on the trigger protruding...did NOT happen as advertised; the reasons why have been discussed at length. The pistol in this video did not simply discharge. The trigger safety was moved, the trigger was pressed, and it went off, and that cannot happen if properly secured in the holster. Securing that holster means ensuring that nothing is fouling it when holstering, as well as ensuring that it's free of interference before leaving the grip.

Treat it like your life depends on it, because it does.

If standing in your office, there is no reason for failure to look while holstering, examine the holster, clear it of clothing, cords, or anything else that might interfere, carefully holster, and double check before removing the hand.

The pistol did NOT discharge simply from him bending over. It was NOT properly holstered to begin with.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
watching the vid on my 30 inch monitor. I tlooks like the holster is right at the edge of the belt buckle. then it also looks like he either did not seat it correctly covering the trigger gaurd, or when he started to bend the gun pulled out a hair as the buckle caught the trigger.

my two cents in a world of hundred dollar bills.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
That was painful to watch.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Insufficient striker engagement, bending over torques the gun in an usual way, the striker slips off and "boom". Yes, it still shouldn't go off, but the world's an imperfect place.
The Glock Striker isn't cocked until the trigger begins to be pulled.

It's half way I believe.

It is partially, but it would still be blocked by the firing pin safety until the trigger was pulled.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
I’ve carried the 43 in and Incog and still do occasionally. The reason why I’m saying that is I find it extremely difficult to believe that it went off without something being in the holster manipulating the trigger or a gun issue. The Incog uses a thicker kydex than most manufacturers and when properly seated the 43 snaps in with force. I’ve had the belt clip work off my belt while sitting on a mower for 2 hours but the gun was still locked in.

It’s unfortunate but more than likely the individual in this video just got lazy.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Striker fired pistol without a secondary manual safety carried IWB (worse yet AIWB). What could possibly go wrong??? That!

As for me, if I could only carry AIWB with a striker fired pistol, I would not carry a pistol. Just my opinion. YMMV

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d love to know what actually happened. I do carry AIWB and in a holster I made Eek it’s a hammer driven DA/SA P6 tho. Wink

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:
Striker fired pistol without a secondary manual safety carried IWB (worse yet AIWB). What could possibly go wrong??? That!

As for me, if I could only carry AIWB with a striker fired pistol, I would not carry a pistol. Just my opinion. YMMV

There is absolutely nothing wrong with inside-the-waistband carry with a striker fired pistol. I carry in the pocket without any hesitation, using a pocket holster. I carry IWB with striker pistols constantly, no issues at all.

Use the right holster and clothing which does not restrict, check the holster before reholstering, use it properly, and train. No problem. A little caution goes a long way, as does a bit of common sense.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He didnt look very confident when he holstered his weapon. I would bet he had the thought that it didn't feel right and he ignored it, resulting in the ND.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post