SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What pistols have you owned, or fired that have just not lived up?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What pistols have you owned, or fired that have just not lived up? Login/Join 
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
Sig Mosquito.

Pot metal POS
Jam-o-matic
crappy trigger
front sight would fall out from the massive recoil of subsonic 40 grain 22lr ammo
really quite inaccurate

It's the only firearm that I had purchased, then sold in short order.

But it looked good, felt good....(yeah, there's an old NSFW joke along that line)
Total POS handgun.

Yes,agree 100%...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Same here, though I could overlook the slide-bite if it didn't spontaneously eject the magazine and also flop the safety lever down on slide recoil.

Nicely made paper-weight.

It is an Interarms PPK/s.
An original Walther manufacture would probably be better.

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Walther PPK. (Not mine, but I wanted to try out my friend's.)

It's iconic, sure. But it's hard to feel like James Bond when you have bloody "slide bite" wounds on your hand.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Kahr CM-9. I handled a CM-45 at a gun show and it was nice! But I wanted a compact 9 so I ordered a CM-9. Crappiest trigger I've felt in a long time (well, until a friend of mine picked up an old Tokarev Eek). It's really only good for closer than about 10'. It's accurate enough and functions reliably, but the trigger pull is absolutely atrocious.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
Beretta PX4 storm subcompact 9mm...

consistently hit low, like REALLY low... (not low/left)... 10 inches at 10 yards low...

It was early in the production and no aftermarket sights available. Maybe I got a "bad one".

Springfield XD9 Subcompact - dead center
Sig P239 - dead center
Sig P229 Elite - dead center
Beretta PX4 subcompact - 10 inches low

The gun felt good in my hands (a bit stout, but really good to hold/aim), but the best thing I could do in a gunfight with it would have been to throw it at the other person...

I guess I'm just not a beretta guy. 92 is too big for my hands anyway.

They sure do make some nice looking and well respected guns though.

James

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
For me it was a Glock 19 Gen 4.

I really wanted to love it, but in the end I just couldn’t tweak it enough with the various bsckstraps, changes in my hold, etc to shoot it as well as any other pistol straight from the factory without mods.

So, I sold it.

The only other one was a Sig P6. I loved the look and feel of this one but I consistently shot it like 8 inches low at maybe 12 yards.
I ultimately sold it.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by James in Denver:
Beretta PX4 storm subcompact 9mm...

consistently hit low, like REALLY low... (not low/left)... 10 inches at 10 yards low...

James

You have to aim the Storm differently. Front dot goes over POI not below. With that short sight radius a little is a lot.

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Kimber Custom CDP II.

FTRB every 60 ~ 80 rounds.

Accurate to be sure, but not much use for anything other than jam clearing practice or range use. Wouldn't trust it for what I bought it for.

Pretty sure the chamber was cut too tight.

Other than that, the "match" barrel rusted in a way I'd expect from a cheap POS, not a high end expensive 1911. I realize now that Kimber is not high end.

Sold that rag.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I found nothing special about the Highpower. Didn't find it all that comfortable to shoot, wasn't amazed by the grip, trigger was meh, even having been worked on by one of the nationally renowned Highpower smiths.

I really wanted to like the gun. Beautiful blue finish, nice walnut grips, and owned by a guy that I knew would eventually sell it, and give me first dibs. Just didn't work for me.

I love 1911's however. I think they are worth every bit of the reputation they have, and I have found that you get what you pay for with the platform. The better the gun the better it shoots. I do have some that are magazine sensitive, but with quality mags, mine have been flawless.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmw
posted Hide Post
CZ P10C. I've had numerous CZ hanguns, and have loved them all, except for this one. Numerous jams in just 80 rouds fired, and had only what can be described as trigger slap. It was uncomfortable to shoot after 2 mags. Traded straight up for an HK P30sk and haven't looked back.

Posts: 510 | Location: ohio, usa | Registered: December 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
I am a die hard Beretta fan and own a Beretta M9 along with the Beretta Compact L + M model.

The one Beretta I did not like and did not enjoy shooting is the Beretta Px4 Storm Compact chambered for .40.

Also my Glock 23 Generation 2. It bangs the crap out of my knuckle. My Glock 22 and 21 are not as bad.

I am just not a Glock person. I keep trying and trying because I know most of Law Enforcement carries them but they are not my favorite to shoot. I haven't tried the Generation 5 yet though.

I am new to the page so I might be a few days late coming to this thread, but I'm with you, cant get into Glock. I'm a hammer and metal guy. Beretta is my choice. You have the Custom Carry II?

Posts: 146 | Location: South Texas  | Registered: August 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
Fo and sold it off at a big loss. r me, the worst pistol I ever brought/shot was the HK USP Compact in .40 cal. And to make matters worse, I traded a S&W Performance Center 586 L-Comp 7 shot revolver for this mistake. A couple of friends tried to talk me out of it, said I wouldn't be happy. But NOOOO, I knew better.

I put less than 1 mag through that gun. Brought it to my local gun store and traded it off.

The final kick in my proverbial backside came a few months later when the UPS man delivered my 2 custom left handed holsters.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smith and Wesson shield .40 cal for me. I had a lot of FTFs with it. Realized no matter what kind of ammo I shot, it did not like the mag completely loaded with one in the chamber.

Posts: 5 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: August 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Heresy, I know, but the P226. I had one and tried to like it. It did not point and shoot like my P225, or my P229, or any of my P220 pistols.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig 229 in 40S&W. I was one of those shooters who always shot 6-8" Low with it. Even lower at longer ranges. I was not willing to radically alter my grip, and I got out of 40S&W.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nero
posted Hide Post
Kimber Stainless Target II 9mm - jamamatic/paperweight

Walther/S&W PPK .32acp - jamamatic/paperweight

Colt/US Armament Corp - Reintroduced 1903 Hammerless - jamamatic/paperweight

HK VP70 - trigger from hell

Polish P64 - literally the heaviest DA trigger I've ever encountered

nero

Posts: 4639 | Location: Tampa Bay Area | Registered: August 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most every Taurus revolver...every single one had to go back for action problems...I should have stopped at one. I still have one that I like, but I would never recommend anything but their service...and if you never buy one, you'll never need it.

And early American-made PPKSs are total crap.

Posts: 872 | Registered: October 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
1911. Had three (one a SIG), none would run.

Posts: 27949 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gen 5 Glocks... improvement over Gen 4, or 3 for that matter? Finger grooves never bothered me, lack of ambi controls was more a training issue or non-issue since I'm right handed. More accurate? like I could tell the diff.... and doesn't fit any of my gen 4 holsters! Meh...

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
S&W M&P 45. Wanted one with the manual safety, bought one to try it out. Liked it less than the other .45's I've shot, sold it.

Did NOT like the KelTec P-whatever single stack I bought. One magazine through it and I had a waffle pattern of the grip with "KelTec" stamped in my hand. Hilariously unfun to shoot.

Taurus clone of the S&W Bodyguard revolver in .357 Magnum. Parts literally fell off. Sold it.

Edit to add - in my younger days, every Glock, and every 1911. When I first got into shooting those were THE GUNS. (Hell, today, they're THE GUNS, depending on who you ask). I shot both and could not for the life of me figure out why both were so popular.

Fast forward to today, I own a 1911 that I never shoot (commemorative...it's got my name on the slide, so I'm not selling it), and eventually I'll probably buy another Glock. Experience taught me to appreciate both for what they were, even if I prefer other platforms, but neither are high on my list of future purchases.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never been a Glock fanboy but I bought a G19 from my nephew when he was in a tight spot financially. I thought it might grow on me. It never felt right in my hand and the trigger was pretty awful. Accuracy was only so-so. It got traded off shortly thereafter.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post