SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What pistols have you owned, or fired that have just not lived up?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What pistols have you owned, or fired that have just not lived up? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Springfield XDS in .45, couldn’t do double taps well at all with it and it was not accurate. This was before and after the recall. After I got it back I sold it for a 938 which shot well but the main spring housing issues and the finish on my frame flaking off put that gun in the never again department with the xds

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walther PP

Yes, the gun is iconic, but the slide rips bloody grooves in my hand and recoil is ridiculous for such an anemic caliber.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
First Gen P250 Sub Compact, ran like shit, three mags and it would lock up, slide would jam, returned it to Sig and they replaced parts and finally got it to run, still couldn't trust it, traded it in...

P245 - wanted to like it however its heavy to carry, trigger is meh, difficult to keep on target, ergonomically not great, traded it to a buddy who said the same after a while, he traded it in on another gun.

G30 Glock - same issues as the P245, just didn't work for me any better, I just concluded that I don't like small 45's.

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigNC:
XD 45. Just hated it. Not sure why but Clint Smith had me NEEEEEDING one!
I am thinking it was a high bore axis?
Far as I will go in this thread. Knew I wasn't alone. A friends XDM compact. I would have hit the target better had I just thrown that pistol. Shame too as I like most 45s.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I know it's just me, but, much to my regret, when it comes to a Browning Hi Power, I could'nt hit a barn door.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mad mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
I know it's just me, but, much to my regret, when it comes to a Browning Hi Power, I could'nt hit a barn door.

I thought I was the only one! Had it in 40cal. and wanted to like it really bad, but it wasn't a match for me.

Posts: 207 | Location: D/FW, Texas | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Kimbers....I have owned three and all of them had problems. Failures to chamber/feed/fire/eject you name it. One was their top of the carry gun ($1500). I'll never own another Kimber. There a few other guns that I did't like but they at least worked out of the box. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
To those who dont love the beretta 92... did you try the FS one or different? For I only love the 92 FS. Can confirm the others suck dick.

I'm trying to not bash glocks, as well, my hatred of them being shit comes from bed experince. I have yet to hold a glock as naturally and comfortable as a sp2022, a keltec something, a S&W 38 special, a 92fs, or a Walther ppX in 40. Hell, my EVO which is a pistol per ATF, fits my hand better than glocks. They all just hit my pinky weird. I think its their grips really.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:

I'm trying to not bash glocks, as well, my hatred of them being shit comes from bed experince.

Kinky, clearly the symptoms of bipistolality Big Grin

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LCP. Most unreliable gun ever. I have gen 1 and gen 2. Both can FTE. Upgraded parts, sent to ruger. Have done everything but they can still stove pipe.

Posts: 4 | Registered: July 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmoneybags:
I've owned 4 different XD/XDm variants, they're definitely dogs to me. They all shoot & feel like shit, & the trigger is the worst of all production plastics IMO.

This, exactly. Well, change the number 4 to 5 due to the fact that I must be "incredibly hardheaded" as my mother remarked 40 years ago.

However, I did buy an XD-E last week and love it. Roll Eyes

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boolzi:
LCP. Most unreliable gun ever. I have gen 1 and gen 2. Both can FTE. Upgraded parts, sent to ruger. Have done everything but they can still stove pipe.

These tiny mouse guns are prone to FTE induced by limp wristing, you really have to hold them with a rock solid grip.

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
This, exactly. Well, change the number 4 to 5 due to the fact that I must be "incredibly hardheaded" as my mother remarked 40 years ago.

I feel much better now. One XD, one XD(m), and I was good. I hope they found someone they suit better.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
Sig Mosquito. Total POS. Hated the trigger and was usually 8 out of 10 shots without issue. Sometimes worse. Tried a lot of different ammo, no luck with it.

Sig P320. Nothing wrong actually. It worked perfectly, just don't like striker fired pistols very much. I am used to a crisp hammer fired trigger. Keeping the P320 as I may change my mind someday. My wife has another P320 she loves and shoots accurately. She seems to get along with striker fired pistols better than me.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Hi Power for starters.

I'd wager I'm also with Q on revolvers as well, although I keep wanting to like them.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I bought a Kimber Solo the first day they hit the market and it was the biggest flop I ever had.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
My NAA Guardian 380. 21 oz, ejector-free blowback, and snappy as heck micro brick. I can't hit crap with it.

That said, for the price I paid, I couldn't pass it up. It's a fine pistol (homage to Seecamp). It's just not that practical. Much prefer my LCP.

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Let’s see...
Beretta 92FS - felt great in the hand, never experienced a FTE but couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn with it. Neither could my friends with the one I had. Sold it, tried two others as range rentals and same issue.

Walther PP and Sig P230/232 models - also felt nice in the hand but the blowback design meant the recoil was ridiculous compared to the anemic 380 ACP chambering.

HK P7M8 - great balance and accuracy was fantastic. Liked the toggle mag release design (way more than any other, save for that found on the Walther PPQ M1) and could get used to the unique manual of arms... but the damn pistol was way too hot when it approached a 30 round string. Can’t stand hearing the idiot remark, “so buy two and let one cool down” given its hefty price tag and there are better pistols out there w/respect to overall design. The Walther CCP had similar issues and while I enjoyed its safety location, shooting a brand new one felt like I was shooting a blowback pistol.

Sphinx AT-2000 P & S models - Accurate and the trigger is one of the best DA/SA out of the box that there is. Problem is the ridiculously high number of FTEs, explained best in another discussion thread & former post by PGT.

Glocks - greatly admire their reliability but the grip shape and angle was not to my liking, leading me to sell off my former G19 a few months after its purchase.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Glock in general. I don't like the grip angle.

Walther PPK. My buddy was a Bond fan. It did nothing for me. I love the look and the weight feels good. It just was not great to shoot.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a Taurus G2C when they just came out,good looking pistol with nice features. My bud warned me not to buy it, but for $250, I figured what the hey. What a disaster, FTF, FTE, double loads, every single mag. Traded it for a Glock 42, that runs like a clock. Want a Bersa Thunder 380 and a Sig 238 next.

Posts: 43 | Location: Hilton Head Island, SC | Registered: August 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post