SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Where to Find Long Reach Trigger for 1911?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to Find Long Reach Trigger for 1911? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
I have moderately large hands, with long fingers, inherited from my mother, classical piano player, who could easily span more than an octave.

Where should I look for a long reach trigger, preferably non-serrated, for a 1911?

Next question: Is installation something that a semi-klutz can do, or will I be paying a gunsmith to do this (assuming that I can find a suitable trigger)?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are several. They seem to be different depending on series 80/70 and officers frame, government etc. I have NO idea how difficult it is to install one.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/s...911%20long%20trigger

An arched mainspring housing also helps put the trigger a little further away and is a very easy swap.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jimmy123x,

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I’ve used Harrison Custom for my last few long-reach triggers.

https://shop.harrisoncustom.com/triggers-for-1911s

Note that their site mentions these are not drop-in parts. A local gunsmith has handled my trigger installations for like $30 - $35.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Ed Brown Products sells the trigger style you seek for $21.95. In my experience, some fitting is likely required, but not very difficult. There are tutorials.

https://www.edbrown.com/product/trigger/

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another thumbs-up for anything by Harrison Design.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
I’ve used Harrison Custom for my last few long-reach triggers.

https://shop.harrisoncustom.com/triggers-for-1911s

Note that their site mentions these are not drop-in parts. A local gunsmith has handled my trigger installations for like $30 - $35.
Anyone know what's involved in fitting a trigger? Is it just the height and overtravel?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Brownells on line. They carry just about every brand made and then some. I think most can be had as drop in. Their description will tell. The bow is pretty common for all 1911s but some require removing a small amount of material atop and bottom of trigger to fit in your frame.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I'd swapped out the triggers on a few Kimbers and an SVI.

I swapped them with triggers made by their respective manufacturers, so none of them necessitated any fitment at all.

If you want to swap it out yourself, the trigger is the very last piece to come out of the bare frame.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It depends on the gun and the trigger if it will drop in, or how much fitting it will take. No way to tell till you get to that point.

While I'm not particularly a fan of then esthetically, shooting wise they're the best for me, so little by little I'm going to long flat faced triggers on everything.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post