SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Virginia State Police going to p320's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia State Police going to p320's Login/Join 
Picture of sf192nd
posted
https://loadoutroom.com/50165/...ar-design-continues/.

They're sticking with the 357 Sig since they currently issue P229R DAK's in 357.

Posts: 646 | Registered: October 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
The P320 seems to be gaining steam. I know of two police departments here in South Carolina who have transitioned to them recently.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I can’t wait tell every idjit and their brother asks.....”so does it take 320 mags?” Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Nice choice - I certainly like mine.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How will Sig keep up with all the big orders ???

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see a lot of reasons why any agency would go with anything besides 9mm with the exception of, perhaps, fish and game where I might suggest 10mm auto. That said, I can't fault agencies whose primary function is highway patrol/traffic stops for choosing 357SIG. I'm not a fan of the P320, however. I'd go with a G31 or G32.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hile:
I don't see a lot of reasons why any agency would go with anything besides 9mm with the exception of, perhaps, fish and game where I might suggest 10mm auto. That said, I can't fault agencies whose primary function is highway patrol/traffic stops for choosing 357SIG. I'm not a fan of the P320, however. I'd go with a G31 or G32.

I have read the 357 sig round will penetrate metal better than a 9mm. State Police are constantly around people who are in vehicles.

Posts: 12678 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hile:

I'd give my left nut for a 10mm version of the P320.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post