SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Romeo zero battery didn’t last a year
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Romeo zero battery didn’t last a year Login/Join 
posted
Anyone else get that bad of performance? Weren’t they talking 5 plus years?

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you put a fresh battery in to start? The one in the blister pack might be craptastic. Also, the whole motion activated stuff for a carry gun can be problematic to battery life. Even so, less than a year sucks.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah hopefully it was the craptastic one that came with it

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
The battery in my Romeo I Pro didn't last a month after I got the gun. It was crap on my 3rd or 4th outing with the gun. The replacement battery has been pretty good since then. And who really knows how good a battery it was, or how long it sat or was fondled before I brought the gun.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a thread running on Pistol Forum where a user is running various batteries (2032s 8n this case) through some Aimpoint T2s set to add left on max brightness to see how they stack up. The answer is to buy Duracell.

https://pistol-forum.com/showt...ife-and-Battery-Type

It's entirely possible the Sig stuff is just burning them that much faster, but Duracell can be had for less than $1.25/battery from Battery Junction.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post