SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone with experience or selection of a magnetic gun mount in cars/truck?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone with experience or selection of a magnetic gun mount in cars/truck? Login/Join 
Picture of EasyFire
posted
Any users with recommendations or comments about installing magnetic "Hand"gun mounts in a car or truck? Smile

My daughter inquires...

EasyFire

This message has been edited. Last edited by: EasyFire,

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I don't think magnets would work well. At least not with a Thompson. Wink

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The internet exploded when these were introduced.

I like to keep my guns bolstered though and a gun flying about the cabin should there be accident is the final reason I would never consider the magnets viable.

Holsters or safes only for me.

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
i just bought a 'Phantom' for my truck. used 3m tape vs screws but it holds my Kahr very secure high capacity all metal guns, I wouldn't trust it 100% but it works well for what I bought it for

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
The consensus among pros is this: if the magnet permits you to release it’s hold on your pistol, it’s inadequate to retain it against shock from an impact. Magnetic auto pistol holders are worse than useless.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
The consensus among pros is this: if the magnet permits you to release it’s hold on your pistol, it’s inadequate to retain it against shock from an impact. Magnetic auto pistol holders are worse than useless.

-Bruce

Im not going offroading with it so having quick access while im around town sure beats needing it and having to dig thru the huge console in my truck, so ill politely disagree with the 'pros'

Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post

Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bolo4tom:
Im not going offroading with it so having quick access while im around town sure beats needing it and having to dig thru the huge console in my truck, so ill politely disagree with the 'pros'

I wouldn't think offroading would be the issue. A traffic collision would be a much more likely scenario that could result in your pistol flying to the back of the car.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of James Bond
posted Hide Post
Or flying forward to the front... Wink
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
quote:
Originally posted by bolo4tom:

I wouldn't think offroading would be the issue. A traffic collision would be a much more likely scenario that could result in your pistol flying to the back of the car.

Zukovsky: Only three men I know use such a gun. I believe I've killed two of them.
Bond: Lucky me.
-- GoldenEye (1995)

Posts: 384 | Location: Northern California | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:

-Bruce

I concur with firsthand experience. I bought one on Amazon. It barely held my CZ2075. I returned it promptly.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post