SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    10MM Emperor Scorpion...I couldn't help myself......
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10MM Emperor Scorpion...I couldn't help myself...... Login/Join 
Picture of Tengoo
posted
I've been lusting after a SA/DA 10mm Reverse Two-tone...but when I saw the Emperor Scorpion it was all over. It's now inbound, but it will take a few weeks to make it to Canada. I sure hope it's awesome...

Posts: 103 | Location: Just east of the Canadian Rockies | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Jealous...

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Your local gangs of miscreant black bears are already cowering with utter dread. Wink

Congrats.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tengoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Your local gangs of miscreant black bears are already cowering with utter dread. Wink

And so they should... [although wilderness carry of handguns is tightly controlled here...I don't qualify, unfortunately].

Can anybody tell me what's so special about this particular model? Is it just the finish? It's the basic gun I want...10mm, fixed sights SA/DA and I don't actually care much what colour it is. However I can't find any detailed descriptions about it, even on the Sig website... Thanks for any tips...

Posts: 103 | Location: Just east of the Canadian Rockies | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that looks great!

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@Tengoo
[/QUOTE]

..........However I can't find any detailed descriptions about it, even on the Sig website... Thanks for any tips...[/QUOTE]

http://www.lipseys.com/itemdet...temno=SI220R510ESCPN

Posts: 88 | Location: Crawfordville | Registered: October 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
Just ordered mine. Wink

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looks great & I definitely prefer that to the Kryptec Camo finish.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15316 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Hmm. Maybe throw on some desert-colored G10s of some kind?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great gun! Congrats!

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nearest bathroom please. I need to wash up.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I like the looks better than my reverse 2 tone.
Though mine will likely be sold off to fund a legion.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an RIA MS or Commander sized 1911 in 10mm.
When you get your gun. If they have them in Canada get some full power loads. None of those wimpy 400-500ft pounders. Or 40S&W power range loads.
Some 650-700lbs+ and when you get home.
You will still have a big grin on your face.
Full power 10mm is a lot of fun in a 1911.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Delray Beach Florida | Registered: March 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Emperor Scorpion"? Roll Eyes

Posts: 107578 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No too much money for me for a fun range gun.
10mm even a bob tail is too much gun for every day carry I feel.
The Rock Island fit my wallet better.
Just saying full power loads in 10mm are all that are worth firing.
Regular 10mm is a bit hotter then 40 S&W. Regular 10mm loads a waste of brass and lead.
To me.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Delray Beach Florida | Registered: March 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tengoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Yeah..but I didn't buy it for the name. Apparently there is such an animal as an Emperor Scorpion...it's a big-ass African inhabitant. I don't really get the connection. I'm not in love with Sig's Flavour-of-the-week version marketing strategy either. I say 'make a decent basic gun with maybe a few significant variations, and I'll do the customizing myself.'

Picture of Tengoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JaysGone:

Regular 10mm is a bit hotter then 40 S&W. Regular 10mm loads a waste of brass and lead.
To me.

Serious 10mm loads are pretty rare in Canada, although sometimes interesting stuff turns up at gun shows. I'll be loading my own full-house loads...managed to score some Blue Dot and Hi Skor 800-X, which I'm told provides the full flavour.

Question: Do the 10mm Sigs need a stronger than stock recoil spring for shooting full power loads? I put an 18lb Wolff spring in my EAA Witness and it still functions perfectly with standard off the shelf loads. It's a challenge racking the slide by hand though...

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tengoo:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Yeah..but I didn't buy it for the name. Apparently there is such an animal as an Emperor Scorpion...it's a big-ass African inhabitant. I don't really get the connection. I'm not in love with Sig's Flavour-of-the-week version marketing strategy either. I say 'make a decent basic gun with maybe a few significant variations, and I'll do the customizing myself.'

I would also point out that the emperor scorpion is black.

Nevertheless I like the gun and am tempted. Very tempted.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tengoo:
quote:
Originally posted by JaysGone:

To me.

Serious 10mm loads are pretty rare in Canada, although sometimes interesting stuff turns up at gun shows. I'll be loading my own full-house loads...managed to score some Blue Dot and Hi Skor 800-X, which I'm told provides the full flavour.

Question: Do the 10mm Sigs need a stronger than stock recoil spring for shooting full power loads? I put an 18lb Wolff spring in my EAA Witness and it still functions perfectly with standard off the shelf loads. It's a challenge racking the slide by hand though...

Cock the hammer 1st. I do with my EAA.
Both my 10s still have their OEM springs. The RIA MS Tac ll has a 24lb spring.Its a biach to rack the slide too.
I don't know what spring is in my Witness P??
Mines the compact polymer. A really good fun gun. But too new to need a spring change yet.