SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    X5 grips on a non-X5 P226?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X5 grips on a non-X5 P226? Login/Join 
Picture of bashman
posted
Is there a way to make X5 grips fit on a standard/non-X5 P226? Bought a set online for an X5/All Around not realizing they were not for a standard P226? Looks like there is a bump on the left panel that is preventing the grip from seating completely. Can these be successfully modified to fit, or is it a worthless pursuit?

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I think all of the classic X-Series (the ones without the huge X-Whatever emblazoned onto the side) frames are of the same cut. The Allround grips will have extra material to make the gap that was cut for the SAO safety levers on the top as well as a slot for the magwell on the bottom. Removal of extra material for fitment would depend on the tools at hand and the time it would take to trim it down properly.

Were you able to get the Sig Allround grips or the Nills? You may be better served by selling the X-Grips and finding a pair for the standard P226.

Let us know what you eventually decide.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
They'll work but both sides will have to have material removed.
Allround grips on my Legion.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Allround or non-allround X5 grips?

In other words, SA/DA or SA only?

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
All around. Pics here: https://imgur.com/gallery/2sNsb68
I did some material removal on the left panel, fits better but not perfectly. I’m thinking it’s never going to be perfect. Wonder if someone else could make use of them?

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Mine fit perfectly, both sides.

I used a die grinder and a small carbide bit to get most of it followed by a small file.
The left side was the easy side.
The right side has a spot in the middle of the grip that has to be removed.
I put grease on the gun and set the grip in place, removed it and removed the material that had grease on it.

It took me about 45 minutes to have them looking like they were made for it.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post