SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Legion Refinishing -- What Works Well?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legion Refinishing -- What Works Well? Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Since the PVD on the Legion is not very durable (according to the Sig CS I spoke to the other day), I am considering a refinish elsewhere. Not happy, given the cost or value of the item.

Is there a truly durable finish or finishes that can be applied to both slide and frame that appears the same color?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
CCR CPII slide, Nikote frame.
ROBAR NP3 on the entire gun.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I just found a picture on CCR of CPII and Nikote so I am all set. If and when, that's what I'll do.

-------

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
You’ll love the CPII/Nikote

Had my P228 and Glock slide done at the same time. The SIG frame is Nikote.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which trigger are you running on that Glock?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
It’s a Suarez Patrol trigger.

Here’s NP3 next to CPII

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I appreciate seeing the Robar comparison. I like the CPII better.

-------

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
What's wrong with finish? Holster wear, flaking, bubbling?

I keep hearing about finish problems on these things, but have yet to see any pictures of the problems.

I shoot mine in USPSA and Steel matches and have zero wear except in magwell from loading on the move.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
What's wrong with finish? Holster wear, flaking, bubbling?

I keep hearing about finish problems on these things, but have yet to see any pictures of the problems.

I shoot mine in USPSA and Steel matches and have zero wear except in magwell from loading on the move.

I have the same questions. My Legion P226 SAO has been in and out of my Blackpoint Tactical holster thousands of times and I am seeing very little evidence of wear on the finish. I know some people don't like the look of the Legion finish but is there really a problem with durability?

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post

There are marks in the direction of holster action on top of the slide, on the top "corner" and on the front corner.

For now, I'll just carry and compete with it.

-------

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I just checked mine. I have similar wear on mine. Mine though has been to 40+ matches and has been holstered and unholstered thousands of times in a hard plastic holster. It also has over 5,000 rounds shot through it, in a little under three years. I'd venture to guess that is more action than 90% of the Legions will see in their entire lifetime.

Mine has a born on date of 9/28/15. Is there a date range that anyone knows of that was particularly good or bad?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post