SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pistol with RDS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pistol with RDS Login/Join 
posted
I'm running a Vortex Venom red dot sight on a Canik TP9SFX 9mm. For those of you running a RDS on a pistol, what distance are you zeroing your red dot? Why?

Posts: 4 | Registered: December 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
My Venom on a Browoning Buckmark is zeroed at 15 yards as I do not have a pistol vise and could not keep myself steady enough with a bag for 25 yards.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
My RDS are zeroed at 25yds.
Why? Because I want to hit at 25 yards.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a SW22 with a red dot and I sighted it in at 25 yards. I chose that distance because i shoot in a league and that's the distance we compete.

9mm seems a different beast. I'm curious if people who compete IDPA zero at shorter distances.

Posts: 4 | Registered: December 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
The "rule of thumb" for IDPA is 15 yards with iron sights...but you need to know your POI at 25 and 50 yards.

I personally zero my IDPA pistol at 25 yards and verify the offset at 50 yards. At upcoming State Match there is going to be a stage with 6 shots on paper and 2 pepper poppers at 50 yards (you'll start downloaded to 6 rounds)

The RDS I've tried for IDPA Carry Optic were both zeroed at 25 yards...which makes sense since it isn't an uncommon range to shoot at and makes it easier to hit at 50 yards

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
If you shoot Steel Challenge or USPSA, 25 yd zero will serve you well. Really the best all around zero at that distance.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post