SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Solid guide rods for SIGs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Solid guide rods for SIGs Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
There is a very slim chance with the factory guide rod that the end of the recoil spring may work its way around the guide rod and through the hole in the slide, essentially locking up the gun.

I believe that is most likely to be a problem with after market single strand springs, not necessarily with stock multi strand springs.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Probably true, unless the center strand works its way out. I don't know if that one strand would be thick enough to cause the gun to lock up.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Pardon my ignorance but what is the benefit of a solid stainless steel guide rod?
Thanks..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
Pardon my ignorance but what is the benefit of a solid stainless steel guide rod?
Thanks..

The theory is the slight extra weight reduces recoil somewhat. I just put one in my Beretta 96A1. I like it do I need it? No. But I’ll keep it.

Posts: 12460 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Theory is all good. But, in practice, most shooters would not be able to tell the difference, if tested blind.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post