SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    “Oddly Unique” Sig P226R LDC II, Made in Germany
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

“Oddly Unique” Sig P226R LDC II, Made in Germany  Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:
i see no need to contact germany.

OP's gun has no "SIG SAUER" or "Made In Germany" on the slide. That's why it's very interesting. It's not about the lack of the import rollmark. Wink

Thank you 12131 for your explanation to airbubba the reason why I’m contacting Sig Germany.

Posts: 9 | Location: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: December 08, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Grizzly:
Thanks for your vote and for sending the picture of your pistol. True, without the logo or the country of origin, it definitely makes for an interesting piece that you don’t see everyday.

I'm just a nobody, but I would absolutely hang onto that pistol as a collectible. Is it worth any more or less? Depends. Is it worth sending back to the factory? I mean, I wouldn't.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Thanks for your vote and for sending the picture of your pistol. True, without the logo or the country of origin, it definitely makes for an interesting piece that you don’t see everyday.

I'm just a nobody, but I would absolutely hang onto that pistol as a collectible. Is it worth any more or less? Depends. Is it worth sending back to the factory? I mean, I wouldn't.

Cool! Thanks Smudge, It seems everyone is leaning towards this Sig as a keeper. I believe I will be keeping it, for it doesn’t physically change it’s performance, just a cosmetic omission that is one of a kind and feature most have voiced as favourable.

Thanks to everyone for their support and responses. When I first posted this thread, I was on the fence and a little bit miffed about the missing “engraving” but now I see everyone’s point of view.

Posts: 9 | Location: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: December 08, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Mountain Grizzly, here are a couple of 1986 W. German factory Nickel P225s that have no "Made In W. Germany" anywhere, although they do have the "SIG SAUER" on the slide's left side.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum! Quite an entry as well, beautiful (and unique) gun.

I bet it shoots amazing, all I have is a standard 226 which shoots great already, and all-stainless LDC must recoil like a .22.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

Cool! Thanks Smudge, It seems everyone is leaning towards this Sig as a keeper. I believe I will be keeping it, for it doesn’t physically change it’s performance, just a cosmetic omission that is one of a kind and feature most have voiced as favourable.

Thanks to everyone for their support and responses. When I first posted this thread, I was on the fence and a little bit miffed about the missing “engraving” but now I see everyone’s point of view.

Glad to hear it. Enjoy that pistol, sir. Smile

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oriental Redneck - Nice collection of P225 pistols. (Thanks for sharing). I guess it’s not as important to have the “Made in Germany” stamped on the side of the slide as are the DE and proofmarks.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oriental Redneck - Nice collection of P225 pistols. (Thanks for sharing). I guess it’s not as important to have the “Made in Germany” stamped on the side of the slide as are the DE and proofmarks.

Yes, "Made in so and so" is not a requirement, but proof marks are required, for all CIP countries. And, "DE" is a relatively recent thing, around 2009.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post