SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    “Oddly Unique” Sig P226R LDC II, Made in Germany
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

“Oddly Unique” Sig P226R LDC II, Made in Germany  Login/Join 
posted
Hello everyone,

I’m new to the forum, and as of last week, a proud new owner of my very first Sig Sauer pistol. It’s a German made P226R LDC II Stainless which I ordered online from a Store in Western Canada. It was delivered last Wednesday and this is the beauty that I unboxed.

[IMG:left]{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\cocoartf2507 \cocoatextscaling1\cocoaplatform1{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .SFUI-Regular;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red255\green255\blue255;} {\*\expandedcolortbl;;\cssrgb\c100000\c100000\c100000;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs34 \cf2 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 }[/IMG]

SWEET!

Then I turned the pistol over to see the other side & this is what I saw......what the heck......where’s the “Sig Sauer“ logo and the “Made in Germany” engravings that are normally at the top left of the slide?!?

[IMG:left]{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\cocoartf2507 \cocoatextscaling1\cocoaplatform1{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .SFUI-Regular;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red255\green255\blue255;} {\*\expandedcolortbl;;\cssrgb\c100000\c100000\c100000;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs34 \cf2 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 }[/IMG]

I was really surprised to see this missing from the slide and that it wasn’t caught by anyone who handled the firearm after that step in the manufacturing process and passed through Quality Control.

Here is a photo of the test target - A nice 3 shot, one inch group at 15 meters all though the point of impact is one inch to the left.

And here is a photo of the box labels

Anyway, I would like to hear back from everyone if they have ever seen this before and also whether I have come across a Unicorn or a Black Sheep. Does this “unique” feature makes the pistol more collectible or would it be more difficult to move if I ever wanted to sell it in the future.

Also, if you were in my position, would you keep it or request the shop to exchange it for another one?

Your opinion would be much appreciated!

(Please let me know if the photos don’t come through - I seem to be having difficulty attaching them). Thanks

Posts: 9 | Location: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: December 08, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
No pics that I can see on my phone.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum. Smile

You can't upload photos directly to the forum and need to use a photo hosting site to post pic links in a thread. There are several threads with instructions on how to do so. I'd suggest checking the Office subforum for the most recent one, or using the forum Search feature.

As an LDC admirer I'm looking forward to your pics.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Okay thanks I have set up a Flickr account. Let’s try again.

Posts: 9 | Location: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: December 08, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
grizzly's pics:

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't lose sleep over it. In fact, it will be a good conversation piece. I would trade my LDC II for yours, if we were in the same town, if you don't like yours. Smile

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Without the Sig Sauer name on the slide it looks kind of naked doesn't it?

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Very nice auto loader

It has the extended slide catch like most of the MasterShop pistols. I can not see if it has the extended magazine release as well

I like the full length dust cover, but I am not a fan of equipment rails on anybody's hand gun.

12131 . . . Does yours have the same trigger job that the MasterShop did to the SPORT and SPORT Stock DA/SA pistols? Or is it just a Production SIG action?

I would certainly buy one of I came across it at a show

Remember, Not all products that SIG makes are distributed to all Countries.

While unusual in the US market, that might be a common configuration in some other market.

SIG would probably be the best source of information for that if you could get a competent Customer Service Rep to chat with for a while

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
Very nice auto loader

It has the extended slide catch like most of the MasterShop pistols. I can not see if it has the extended magazine release as well
It does not have the extended mag release.

I like the full length dust cover, but I am not a fan of equipment rails on anybody's hand gun.

12131 . . . Does yours have the same trigger job that the MasterShop did to the SPORT and SPORT Stock DA/SA pistols? Or is it just a Production SIG action?
All the LDCs and Allrounds I owned have very good triggers, but they are nowhere at the level that impressed me like Robert Burke's level.

I would certainly buy one of I came across it at a show

Remember, Not all products that SIG makes are distributed to all Countries.

While unusual in the US market, that might be a common configuration in some other market.

SIG would probably be the best source of information for that if you could get a competent Customer Service Rep to chat with for a while
Probably be best for him (or his dealer) to contact SIG DE, because SIG NH will be of zero help.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I think it looks better that way and would definitely keep it.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Keep that sucker unfired and in the safe.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
You got this guy while going through final engraving...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I wouldn't lose sleep over it. In fact, it will be a good conversation piece. I would trade my LDC II for yours, if we were in the same town, if you don't like yours. Smile

Thanks for your vote and for sending the picture of your pistol. True, without the logo or the country of origin, it definitely makes for an interesting piece that you don’t see everyday.

posted Hide Post
here's another one imported into canada but listed for sale on another site that i bought.

226x5-short-pvd, "be" date code, label printed wrong.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! AirBubba......looks like another German made P226 without accessory rail and has the old style proofing Are those the eagle proof marks

posted Hide Post
thank you!

no rail, pvd, just before "cip" designation made it very unusual.

they do look to be eagles but i don't have anything to compare to.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for all your input. Consensus is that this pistol is a keeper and should be admired for it’s uniqueness.

I will contact Sig Sauer Germany and let you know their response. Now to schedule a “Range Day” and put it through it’s paces.

posted Hide Post
i see no need to contact germany.

this is a pic from a fellow canadian, seatruckman of his short:

no rollmark into canada, must not be a requirement.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:
i see no need to contact germany.

OP's gun has no "SIG SAUER" or "Made In Germany" on the slide. That's why it's very interesting. It's not about the lack of the import rollmark. Wink

Q