SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    H&K VP9SK
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

H&K VP9SK Login/Join 
posted
Wife has a "new" VP9SK. Great construction. Better than average included manual, but no test target. Can fit to hand with three sizes of left, right, and back plastic plates that fit without a seam. Expensive and expensive magazines. Three dot sights are bold. However, at 20 yards it shoots about 2 inches low and about 4 inches left of point of aim into a small group with Blazer-Brass 115 grain FMJ. Two shooters get the same thing. Trigger has bumps on way to a good, but firm, break. I will measure after more rounds.
Good news is that wife can rack the slide without an empty magazine using the right hand slide lock (she is right handed) and it is just possible to use left slide lock to let the slide go home. Sling-shot is hard. [Difficult to find 9mm, striker-fired pistols that she can operate. PPQ-M2 4" is current IDPA pistol.]

Have others experienced such differences between POI and POA? Who makes parts to improve trigger? Suggestions? Thanks

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a H&K P30SK with an LEM trigger. I don't have that issue.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who makes parts to improve trigger?

No one that I'm aware of. But Grayguns does action work on the VP9; they likely can clean things up on the SK as well; you'll have to contact them about specifics and turnaround times, though. The action work for the fullsize VP9 is $299 to give you an idea on what it might cost for your wife's SK.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I will try to find information about the "LEM" trigger.
Might end up having to send VP9SK to Mr. Gray. Had to do that with P320s. Shame that only a few striker-fired pistols are actually close to being ready when new. [PPQ-M2, S&W M&P M2.0, LC9s Pro, PPS-M2, G42, CW9, TS9SFx, ? ?]

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HKParts.net sells an “Ultra Match” spring set for the VP9SK for about $20. I have installed two sets and they are amazingly effective and a real bargain.

Posts: 16 | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Robert burke does HK action work and the turnaround time and price is excellent. Give him a call.

http://www.thesigarmorer.com

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12623 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LEM does not exist for VP9 series.

Did find "HKparts.Net" and ordered their two spring kit. Also a slightly higher front sight and a sight-pusher shoe from Brownells.

For the cost of VP9SK from Germany, one expects not to have to work on a new pistol. . . . and some do not need much of anything.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Mine seems to shoot low too. I thought it was just me...maybe not.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
If it helps HKs tend to like a little 12 o’clock hold in my experience. At closer range the dot should cover your impact point.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:
LEM does not exist for VP9 series.

Did find "HKparts.Net" and ordered their two spring kit. Also a slightly higher front sight and a sight-pusher shoe from Brownells.

For the cost of VP9SK from Germany, one expects not to have to work on a new pistol. . . . and some do not need much of anything.

Removed my spring kit after getting light strikes.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The spring kit (two springs) sold by H&K Parts is probably not the spring kit mentioned by JBP55. Light primer strikes come from weaker than standard springs associated with the striker in the slide. The H&K Parts kit changes the spring under the sear (in the frame) and the trigger return spring (in the frame).

What other enhancements are available for VP9SK?

Interesting that at least two people note a tendency for H&K pistols to hit low. More testing will take place. Thanks for responses.

Mac in Michigan

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I have a VP9 and sk. The SK is one of the most accurate guns I have, straight out of the box.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
I have a VP9 and sk. The SK is one of the most accurate guns I have, straight out of the box.
Agree, that has been my experience as well.
I unboxed my new SK, loaded a mag with 10 rounds , and emptied the mag into this target ~7 yards. And I am far from an expert shooter.

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The new VP9SK may well be able to shoot small groups, as it did do so at 20 yards using BlazerBrass 115. The small group was not where it was expected to be. Because the group was small, further effort/testing is warranted. If a new pistol to be used in competition can not produce small groups at 20 or 25 yards, it is moved along.

With a lighter trigger, a slightly higher front sight, and selecting side/back grips to effect a better grip may place the VP9SK in shape to be useful.

What attracted my wife to the VP9SK, after playing with one used by an associate without fireing, is that it could be racked - trigger pull on the example was doable - good grip was possible, and trigger could be lived with. Many other pistols she can not rack more than once. Thanks.

Mac in Michigan

posted Hide Post
Trigger might smooth out after putting rounds through it.

Posts: 75 | Registered: June 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may be correct. The lumpyness during pull to break point could be due mostly to a less than clean punching of the slot in the frame through which the trigger fits. That can be cleaned with the right tool when I replace the trigger return spring and the under-the-sear spring.

Suggestions on other enhancements are welcome. The major attraction of the VP9SK stems from the long slide release/lock on the right hand side that is much like that of the PPQ-M2 and helps wife very much with racking.

Mac in Michigan

posted Hide Post
Put 120 rounds of old USSR rounds through VP9SK. Ate them without a whimper. Hits at 25 yards with this poor quality ammo were still in a group and not so far from POA. It is possible that this pistol's POI is rather sensitive to the ammo used.

Required trigger force was measured to be 6.0 pounds-force. After HK spring replacement, was about 4.5 pounds-force. Still lumpy trigger on way to break. Feels like something plastic is not just right.

Mac in Michigan

posted Hide Post
You don’t “lollipop” the front sight blade and your intended target with an HK. You cover the target with the front sight blade. LEM’s are only for hammer fired HKs. Not striker fired. As others have said trigger will smooth out with shooting. HKs are sighted in using 124 grain bullets. I have noticed that 115s will hit low. A 124s and 147s always hit where you want them too.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks 357fuzz. I will try other 124 grain and 147 grain commercial rounds. The Rusky rounds were 124 grain FMJ and the earlier rounds were 115 Blazer Brass. Often, I do not see significant changes in POI as one changes the bullet weight. Your observation is consistent with what I have seen so far. It will be much more easy for wife to shoot with a lighter trigger than the initial 6.0 pounds-force.

I understand the expectation you expressed of covering the target with the front sight. Good to know. However, I admit to not knowing what an "LEM" is. Thanks.

Mac in Michigan

posted Hide Post
No problem. I think we all like to help here. Great forum that way. Also, I believe the 124s they use to sight in from factory are NATO- spec. which is a +P equivalent load. So they are definitely hotter than your commie ammo. You run a hundred rounds of that through your new HK it will smooth out. Done it with my HKs and it works like a charm.

Good luck.

LEM is a sort of double action module. Kind of like HKs version of Sig’s DAK.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post