SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How Many Rounds Do You Have? Ammo the New Toilet Paper!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Many Rounds Do You Have? Ammo the New Toilet Paper! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
More than I will live to shoot. You can have too much ammo. Smile

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not enough for me. I always want to stock up when the prices are down, but other things like kids expenses always seem to get in the way. Not complaining, it just makes me sick to see the price gougers out there at it again.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
More than I will live to shoot.

this is my goal. not there yet, but working on it. It is also my goal on guns and maintenance parts, and I am there on that. FWIW>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Holy carp! This morning I managed to snag three boxes of Hornady 10mm 180 gr. XTP JHP!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Enough

A few years ago I had handguns in 9mm, .45ACP, .40S&W, .357Sig, .38Spl, and .357Mag. Decided to “downsize” and consolidate to just 9mm and .45ACP. For long guns, .556, .308, and 12ga.

Of course .22LR is a “gimme” I don’t even count those.

Fewer types of ammo to deal with and generally better prices and availability (when there is a crisis going on) for the more “common” calibers. Also easier to have thousands of rounds for each caliber when you have fewer calibers to worry about.

For my remaining handguns, I do have conversion barrels for .40S&W or .357Sig as I have some “leftover” ammo in those calibers and figure should there be a pinch or I come across it in quantity whilst out looting after SHTF it might be good to be able to use it.

I find I am shooting less frequently than in the past but buying more frequently so my inventory is increasing. As such, the current run on ammo doesn’t concern me in the least.

Before everyone jumps me for not “training” I am a big fan of dry-fire practice (as preached by Bruce Gray) and I spend lots of time dry-firing.

When I do go to the range, I fire fewer rounds than I used to and achieve as good or better results. I don’t have to “worry” about running out of ammo anytime soon unless society does actually collapse.

As others have pointed out, moving the stockpile. Can be a major PITA and with retirement and moving on the horizon about 3-5 years out, that is the bigger concern for me.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post