SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How Many Rounds Do You Have? Ammo the New Toilet Paper!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Many Rounds Do You Have? Ammo the New Toilet Paper! Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
The problem is, once again it will take forever for the prices to come back down Frown

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by indreams84:

Congrats on hoarding. You are like the the 300-lb Karens in Walmart who run everything up on their credit card so they deplete supply for everyone/everything else. Kudos.

You had as much opportunity as everyone else over the last couple years to buy as much as you wanted for prices lower than they have been in 15 years.

If you didn’t do that then you really only have yourself to blame. Certainly insulting other members isn’t the way to act.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I find the answer to that question makes some people uncomfortable.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enough to help me in an emergency until the police or National Guard can get here to help the poor bastards down range of me then take them into custody. Wink

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
Originally posted by indreams84:

Congrats on hoarding. You are like the the 300-lb Karens in Walmart who run everything up on their credit card so they deplete supply for everyone/everything else. Kudos.

You had as much opportunity as everyone else over the last couple years to buy as much as you wanted for prices lower than they have been in 15 years.

If you didn’t do that then you really only have yourself to blame. Certainly insulting other members isn’t the way to act.

I appreciate the comments Pale Horse. The 7700 rounds of CCI Mini Mags had been sitting on the shelves of Wally World for some time and no one was buying them. The store was happy to sell them to me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SSAreGreat,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I paid attention to some of the posts on this forum over the last few years. Hope you did also.

Posts: 1190 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@ensigmatic
where in SE MI are you? Wicked Trigger had some in stock yesterday and if it's just a few boxes you are looking for...I think i have 3 boxes sitting in my drawer of the PPU brand. I'm in Waterford

Posts: 90 | Location: The Mitten | Registered: September 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I believe I have enough to dissuade anyone from attempting a B&E. If it doesn't, then I'm dead anyway.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para told us quite a while back to buy. I listened. Is "metric shit ton" an answer?

FYI, I still have ammo and reloading supplies from the Clinton scare years ago.

I have 45 ACP from '95 when I found a ridiculous sale.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
20K+ of various .22 rim fire, multiple thousands of 5.56, few thousand .32, few thousand .38 and .357, and multiple thousands 5.7. Oh and few thousand .17 hmr, .25 acp, .380 oddball calibers. Probably missed a few but never enough. I am not buying a thing during this panic.

Metric shit ton, not enough.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

If you're worried about people coming to take your ammo from you after finding out how much ammo you have, then maybe you don't have enough ammo... Big Grin

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

If you're worried about people coming to take your ammo from you after finding out how much ammo you have, then maybe you don't have enough ammo... Big Grin

Well I mean there is that pesky desire to sleep occasionally not to mention that training up the 10 year old for patrol duty can be challenging. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
There are quite a few YouTube videos that our old ”friends“ [sarcasm] over at Cheaper Than Dirt are doing their price gouging thing again Roll Eyes A quick look at the various online ammunition sellers are about out of the the bulk stuff in 9MM or .556/.223...I did order 1000 GECO 9MM from Target Sports for $168 w/ free shipping on Monday of last week and it was delivered last Friday Smile...everything is showing out of stock now and their website is saying expect long delays for future orders. I’ve also stocked up on plated bullets and .556 55 gr. FMJ just to be safe. I shared LDD’s “Panic At The Gun Store” sticky with my brothers and they took it to heart so they are GTG. Para gave some excellent advice Big Grin...this whole Coronavirus shitshow is getting out of hand.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/cfgszRKqsOY

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Plenty of ammo, well there's never enough but I think I'm covered.
Also in the group of people who have moved recently.
In the new house for almost a month now and I finally have my own "gun room".
And all the ammo is still in the garage (wow, I have a garage now too!)

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK I'm confused. if the ammo is in the garage, how is it still a garage?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only thing I worry about ( being set up
To
Reload all my centerfire calibers and having plenty of components)
Is .22. After the last panic/ scarcity I try to keep stocked up, but as I shoot more .22 than all others combined, probably need to buy more. ( have less than 3 months supply at current rate of expenditure on hand) luckily I have lots of places to buy and so far .22 has not been affected
Like the centerfires to this point

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
it's mainly just the sheer physical labor of carrying it all...

Whomever said you can NEVER have too much ammo.....has never moved. Smile.

Or been on fire, or swimming, or hump it uphill or up the stairs.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Today the hoarders and mouth breathers CLEANED US OUT! In around 5 hours.

All the 40, 556, 12 gauge, 223 and 14 cases of 9mm - GONE. Only thing left is some 20 guage and 38 special. Oh, 2 cases of 45 ball too.

All the AR15s - gone. All the 12 gauge shottys - gone.

And our distributors told us it will be 60 to 90 days before they can restock our ammo. And it WILL BE MORE EXPENSIVE. Weapons grade stupidity. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
OK, I have too much ammo. Way too much in fact.

Based on what I shoot, and the components stacked up, I'll never use it all. Or even much of it. I was wrong back in '94 when I panicked. We were loading 9mm, and filling .50 cal cans. Then I stopped shooting it much.

But I was asleep, and in a buying mode. When the Obasm election was unavoidable, I went looking for 22s. I bought a few cases at Wallyworld. Then my son gave me another for xmas. I was so blind I even made a guy an offer at a gunshow and bought his table full of assorted crap. Then the 22 shortage hit. And I woke up.

I took 20,000 rounds to a gun show and sold it. The boxes I'd bought for about $134 a case of 5,000. I was a reasonable guy and ended up selling the hoard for $500 a case. Yeah, I was one of the bad guys Para complains about. I just had too much. The guys buying from me were almost fighting over it. My wife even enjoyed the fools trying to buy it with plastic. She'd heard me preaching that cash was king, and you can't buy anything at a gun show with plastic.

So you should feel sorry for me. I've still got a full case, plus a case of Mini-Mags, plus a bunch of assorted crap. Yeah the stuff from the gun show.

So how much do I shoot a year? Not enough to fire all my stash in the next 20 or so years. I'm trying to figure out when the last time I shot my 12ga shotguns was. Or even why I bought the last 2 of them. Or why, given that, I bought 250 or so rounds when I did. Or what I'm going to do with the .50 cal can of 44 mag ammo. Or even the box after box of factory stuff. The list goes on and on.

We moved here 10 years ago. We did the ammo humping stuff. Then brought it all here. But as so often happens, it doesn't all get put where it needs to go. I'm still finding boxes I'd forgotten. I almost dread it when I find more. What the hell am I going to do with 10ga black powder blanks. I know, fire it in the cannon. How much have I fired in the last year? One shot.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
AmmoSeek website had the statement "Ammo is the New Toilet Paper."

How do you wipe your ass with ammo?

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post