SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How Many Rounds Do You Have? Ammo the New Toilet Paper!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Many Rounds Do You Have? Ammo the New Toilet Paper! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
For awhile I knew almost exactly how many rounds I had. Then....

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I quit counting. Like many of you I took timely advice and purchased over the last few years as prices seemed reasonable.

I also reload so there's that.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought a case of 9mm last week for the normal/pre-panic price and saw today the same case I bought is now $700.00 Red Face and some others places are wanting more. I am glad I bought it when I did as the prices are literally insane.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
One. Just like Barney Fife.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex35
posted Hide Post
I stocked up on ammo and mags 3 panics ago. I'm going to sit this one out.

Posts: 187 | Registered: February 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Much more than many but much less than many forum members. Buttloads of components, primers and plenty of powder though.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
I can send you a couple boxes of range-grade 10MM at cost. I rarely shoot that caliber. Shoot me an email if you want some. Cheers.

Thanks, FishOn! Wow, are SF members great or what? Smile

I ordered a half-case of WWB on-line yesterday. It'll take forever and a day to get here, but I should be good.

Good deal. I think mine is C&B TMJ. Nothing special. I bought a case after I bought my G20 but I only carry the G20 when I hike in critter country, and I just don't take it to the range. (when I carry, I use Buffalo Bore)

https://www.buffalobore.com/in...product_detail&p=394

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update on what I received to date. Able Ammo (had more PMC this a.m.), GT Distributors, and Classic Firearms all had my ammo delivered in 4 days. 2A Warehouse cancelled my order since items went out of stock before they could update their site and stop taking orders. Bass Pro has a 30 to 60 day delay and may not fill the order.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I just traded a bunch of ammo in a caliber I no longer shoot for a significantly greater amount in a caliber I do. Net cash outlay = $0.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
In all truthfulness, I'm an ammo hoarder. I've got 3+ cases of 9mm tucked away. 2 cases of .45ACP, an ammo can with roughly 3500 rounds of FN 5.7, 200 rounds of .38 Special, 5-10,000 rounds of .22 Rimfire, and only 500 rounds of .357 Sig. (But that'll change after this shortage is over. 200 rounds of .30-06 hunting ammo, 300 rounds of .223 hunting ammo and 3-5000 rounds of .223/5.56 for the AR/Mini 14. 50 rounds for the new .458 SoCom, but I haven't even dropped the upper on the gun yet or installed the optic. 10-12 cases of 12 ga. Clays games ammo, 2 cases of 2 1/2" 12 ga. for the vintage guns, 4 or 5 cases of 16 ga. shells, 250 rounds of 00 Buck 12 ga. 250 rounds of 12 ga. slugs, and another 250 rounds of 12 ga. sabot slugs. Plus whatever is upstate at the not-so-secret bunker.

And I'm thinking of adding a 20 ga. slug gun to my upstate arsenal.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
... I only carry the G20 when I hike in critter country, and I just don't take it to the range.

You don't practice with it?

quote:
(when I carry, I use Buffalo Bore)

https://www.buffalobore.com/in...product_detail&p=394

$1.75/round?!?! Holy tamole

That must be magic ammo Smile

I'm thinkin' I'll just stash the Kimber in the safe and forget about it for now. I'm disinclined to pay $1.75/round for woods ammo and the fracking panic-buying/hoarding asshats have made anything reasonable impossible to get. Guess I picked a bad time to commit to a new caliber. Oh well.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I have more then I need, but less than I want. I probably have about 25k rounds of 22lr just because when I find out what works I buy a couple of cases. My rifles run well on ammo that doesn't really work well in my pistols, and then there is the plinking vs serious target work thing going on. The only centerfire pistol caliber I need to stock in bulk that isn't bullseye related (for me that is), is 9mm, and I think I have enough to wait this one out before restocking. You know you have a lot of ammo when you find entire cases you forgot about when you move other stuff around.

Be careful with the 22 lr and other lead bullet ammo. Some brands start to oxidize within a couple of years, some are more shelf stable. Lead bullets showing oxidation will lead your barrel like crazy, and they tend to lose accuracy as a result.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
A lot. We're getting ready to sell our house, and I'm not relishing the idea of moving all of it. Luckily, it's all in ammo cans and boxed 500/1k cases, so it won't be difficult to round up, it's mainly just the sheer physical labor of carrying it all...

When I found out we were gonna move, I increased my shooting volume...just so I wouldn’t have to move as much..

The movers shipped all my empty brass, but wouldn’t move loaded ammo or components...

I wound up having about 6 full 50 cal cans and 12 or so 30 cal cans and had my powder and primers fit into two medium moving boxes. The ammo cans were thrown into the bed of the pickup and the powder was in the back seat.

/drift

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Wow. Looks like I may really be screwed for defensive rounds for my new 10mm.

Target Sports USA's supply of anything in which I was interested depleted several days ago. They don't appear to be getting any of it back in stock. I set notifications, but learned Prime Membership people get a three-hour advance notice of new stock. Since I'm disinclined to spend an additional $100 to buy $100 of ammo, I'm pretty much out of luck there.

SG Ammo is on a reduced staff and isn't shipping much of anything. Some 10mm showed up yesterday. Case lots only. Now they're showing nothing again.

Lucky Gunner had some that was interesting. They're more expensive, but they had it. But their site is telling me that "due to extenuating circumstances we are not currently able to ship to your location." (I have no clue what that means, except that they won't ship to me.)

Ammunition Depot has squat.

I read somewhere else here PSA is now gouging. They never had much in 10mm, anyway.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Going back to the original question, given that we've seen a few ammo panic buying sprees over the last decade or two, I look at it the other way. Toilet Paper is the new ammo.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
extenuating circumstances

I don't know that this is the case, but I imagine there's a bit of a pricing war over shipping capacity these days. Between Amazon keeping everyone entertained and distributors trying to restock on toilet paper and paper towels there may not be a whole lot of good deals out there for people looking to ship cases of ammunition.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxl:
Just enough, no more.

Roger that, just enough though couple neighbors think that I and one other neighbor are de facto neighborhood militia. I tell them safe is full of toilet paper and that the 3 single shot 22 short rifles i had fell into the river couple years back.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
For awhile I knew almost exactly how many rounds I had. Then....

makes my story about the canoe filled with BARs pale in comparison.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I got rid of most calibers and stuck with mostly 9mm and .223 wylde I have a few other but not many.

I have somewhere in the ballpark of 10K in .223 and 15K of 9mm.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Abn556:
I used to keep an inventory in my man cave, but got tired of the comments from my wife about how much ammo I buy. So no more lists - Outta sight, outta mind.

+

^^^ THIS is why I bought those cheap Champion safes (keyed). The ammo cans stack up nicely and when the door is closed, it's a non-issue. Bonus: At least the walkway is finally clear.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post