SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 RX Elite SAO 9mm + P226R
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 RX Elite SAO 9mm + P226R Login/Join 
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted
WOOHOO!!! Finally bought myself a P226 RX Elite SAO this weekend.

First 50 rounds were flawless. I was planning on sighting the Romeo red dot in but so far it is dead on, as well as the iron sights (side note, good thing the iron sights were dead on as well because they are too tall for my sig sight adjustment tool).

I'm planning on using this for 3 gun and USPSA Production and Carry Optics... But wait, the P226 SAO is NOT on the list of approved Production Division guns. I really hope the USPSA gets it's head out of its butt on this issue and put guns like the P226 SAO on the list. There is less of an advantage for a P226 SAO over a Glock 34 than a Glock 34 has over a standard DA/SA gun. and since the Production List is a list the USPSA can still keep 2011s and such off the list.

Well, I had that all in mind and since I have a standard P226R I can put the slide with the optic on my standard P226R frame and have the Carry Optic division covered.

Last year I gave my P320 a try for USPSA and 3-gun. This year I'm going back to my old favorite the P226.

And when I want to say "hell with it" and shoot open class I'll go ahead and shoot the P226 RX Elite SAO as is and have fun.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your P226 SAO RX! I love mine. The stock trigger is unreal. The Sig pro shop said that they used the legion parts (minus the trigger) on the RX. Mine has a constant 3.5lbs trigger pull with absolutely no trigger post travel.

I really feel the P226 SAO RX is the best bang for your buck on the market.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a fantastic pistol! Mine is awesome, an incredibly accurate istol. I replaced the guide rod with a GG Fat guide rod, installed Hogue Mascus black/gray Pirhana G10s and installed a Wolff 17lb mainspring. It shoots better than I do.

quote:
Originally posted by Factor8:
Congrats on your P226 SAO RX! I love mine. The stock trigger is unreal. The Sig pro shop said that they used the legion parts (minus the trigger) on the RX. Mine has a constant 3.5lbs trigger pull with absolutely no trigger post travel.

I really feel the P226 SAO RX is the best bang for your buck on the market.

I think this package is an exceptional one. The combination of the frame modifications, the Romeo and the SAO trigger makes for an awesome package.

I loved shooting mine so much I bought a SAO Legion!

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I hate to break it to you, but there is little to no chance that the Production list will ever be modified to include SAO's, regardless of whether some striker-fired guns that are on the list are considered SAO. The best you could do is put your 226 top end on the SAO frame and shoot Limited Minor.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
I hate to break it to you, but there is little to no chance that the Production list will ever be modified to include SAO's, regardless of whether some striker-fired guns that are on the list are considered SAO. The best you could do is put your 226 top end on the SAO frame and shoot Limited Minor.

I understand where you're coming from.

USPSA needs to split the striker fired guns into there own decision then. They are SAO without a safety to even slow them down and have an advantage over DA/SA guns. I hate rules that are put in place for political reasons instead of common sense.

Regardless, I really like my P226s and will configure my guns for the game I'm playing at the time. I'm not an elite shooter and no one is paying me to shoot so I'll do whatever I feel like doing and just have fun. If that puts me in open class, so be it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John3200,

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:
...striker fired guns...have an advantage over DA/SA guns.

Bah! Nonsense! Wink

Posts: 280 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
very nice! hope you post some video of you running it!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post