SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New CZC 75 P-01 Compact SDP. ** Now, with range report, p.2 **
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New CZC 75 P-01 Compact SDP. ** Now, with range report, p.2 ** Login/Join 
The Constable
posted Hide Post
What's with the NSN engraved on the pistol? Meaning, do ALL of the P-01's have the NSN?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
NATO Stock Number

Don't know why some CZs have them, and others don't.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I must be missing the boat on the new CZ series...The last CZ 75 I shot had a lousy DA pull and lousy trigger reset...have they gotten better???? Do you guys suggest giving them another try???

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

Posts: 777 | Location: NC | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MHANNA310:
I must be missing the boat on the new CZ series...The last CZ 75 I shot had a lousy DA pull and lousy trigger reset...have they gotten better???? Do you guys suggest giving them another try???

See my post at the bottom of p.1.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
What's with the NSN engraved on the pistol? Meaning, do ALL of the P-01's have the NSN?

No not all, or even most CZ have the NSN. The original P-01 had it. Then CZ upgraded a spring so it was "out of spec" and was not able to stamp the NSN on it (per the CZ site description of the P-01).

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MHANNA310:

Do note that custom trigger work is being discussed ...

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. Congratulations. Look forward to a full report.

How does the SDP differ from the ProTec (besides the ProTek's metal shaving and reconfiguration)?

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bpnkrtn:
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:

No not all, or even most CZ have the NSN. The original P-01 had it. Then CZ upgraded a spring so it was "out of spec" and was not able to stamp the NSN on it (per the CZ site description of the P-01).

Thanks!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
Beautiful. Congratulations. Look forward to a full report.

How does the SDP differ from the ProTec (besides the ProTek's metal shaving and reconfiguration)?

According to the specs on CZC's site, in addition to what you mentioned,
quote:
•*NEW* Short Reach DA trigger - trigger is dull silver.
•Short Reset Trigger.

I'd love to have the Pro-Tek, but the price tag is ridiculous.

Q

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is. I looked at a consignment Pro-Tek at a local shop...asking price was $1400. Felt great in hand but honestly the trigger wasn't anything to write home about. I sort of regret not buying it but that's a lot of $$ even used.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Those custom P-01s are nice. Given my striker predisposition CZs have always been range guns for me, so it was kind of easy to resist the Hobdell-infused P-01 when it was first introduced. That being said my experiences with my 75B-based CS Shadow T-SA makes the continual resistance all that much harder.

Those dudes down in Arizona really know how to slap some purdy sweet guns together.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Resistance is Futile.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I have put $$ down on my first CZ. Also a P-01. Can't wait to pay it off and get it out of jail.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Quick range report from today.

Ammo: Freedom 124 Gr RN, Freedom 115 Gr HP, Freedom 115 Gr XTP, Federal Hi-Shok 115 Gr JHP, Speer Lawman 124 Gr TMJ, Winchester Ranger T-series +P 124 Gr

Total rounds fired: 227

Distance: 10 yards

Position: standing, 2-handed

Malfunctions: none

Impressions: Extremely well balanced, comfortable to hold and shoot. The +P feels less snappy in this CZ than comparable shooting in my P228. Trigger is smooth and crisp. But, one thing I wish is that they would round out the abrupt edge of the trigger. That would make for much more pleasant shooting, if you shoot more than a few hundred rounds in a session.

Pic shows the 10-yard shoots. I honestly just can't recall which target is which ammo. But, I know for sure that the bottom left target had 43 rounds of various ammo through it.
Also did some mag dumps at 7 yards (no pic), and the gun was fast back on target.

Q

posted Hide Post
You using grease or oil? Or both?

My two po1's are stock except for the grips. One or both will be going off soon for some work or I may just order the kits and do the work myself. My brother has the tools already including the sight tool. Cool

Good shooting.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post

Looks like a winner to me!! Nice job!

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice,shoots as good as it looks!

Posts: 101 | Registered: January 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
My quest for an SDP has had me on the verge of buying one several times in the last month or two. I picked up a steel framed P-01 and two P-01 SR models for house duty. Then, this morning I see a Pro-Tek 1 pop up on the local trader board for less than a new (or used) SDP costs.

So...I know have three railed-compacts and one normal one. Not sure how this spiraled so quickly.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
My quest for an SDP has had me on the verge of buying one several times in the last month or two. I picked up a steel framed P-01 and two P-01 SR models for house duty. Then, this morning I see a Pro-Tek 1 pop up on the local trader board for less than a new (or used) SDP costs.

So...I know have three railed-compacts and one normal one. Not sure how this spiraled so quickly.

Any day you can get a Pro-Tek for that price is a good day.
Btw, I'm surprised at the DA weight. 9.25 lbs? I would be disappointed at still a heavy DA.

Q

Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
12123, thanks for the Czech pron Eek

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post