SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New CZC 75 P-01 Compact SDP. ** Now, with range report, p.2 **
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New CZC 75 P-01 Compact SDP. ** Now, with range report, p.2 ** Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
You guys know I'm a big fan of the metal CZ compacts, most especially the decocking PCR. That's why I got two, one by CZC and one by CGW. Both fantastic guns.

The Compact model with the safety is also great, but I prefer the decocker. Had one. Sold it.

The P-01 has the decocker, but the rail is what has held me back for the longest time. Until now. Why not, right?
Got one that came from CZC (via Shooter's Connection), and they name it the SDP. Here are the specs:

quote:
The gun uses the CZ SA DA Competition hammer in a Decoker format. Single Action trigger at approx 3.5/4.0 lbs Crisp and smooth, Double Action at a smooth 7.5 / 8.2 Lbs. Firing pin block are left intact but smoothed and Polished.

Features:

Heinie Slant Pro Tritium Rear Sight.
Tritium Front Sight
Aluminum Compact Grips Black
Blue Hex Grip Screws
Custom SA DA Decoker Hammer.
CZC 85 trigger w/ no overtravel screw
Solid Firing Pin Stop.
Solid Trigger Pin
CZC Extended Firing Pin
Stainless Steel Guide Rod

One thing I already knew in advance that I don't like are the flat grip panels. I understand why they chose flat, but in your grip, the gun just doesn't feel right. That changed quickly with the VZ grip swap. Gun now feels better and looks better. No shots fired, yet. Just got it in today, after a week of delay due to Harvey. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. Thanks for the pics. Have shot the CZ shadow, but not these.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Those grips are perfect. Might want to consider changing that lanyard eye to a flat plug. I need one of these. I have recently been buying Shadows to compete with but haven't gotten any of the compacts yet.

Posts: 1994 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny, been eyeing these lately and looking to purchase soon.Trying to decide between the steel frame with safety or decocker alloy,leaning towards decocker.
Had a steel baby eagle years ago which was a nice gun (CZ clone).
Prices aren't bad either on some CZ and clone models for the quality you get.

Posts: 101 | Registered: January 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
You guys know I'm a big fan of the metal CZ compacts, most especially the decocking PCR. That's why I got two, one by CZC and one by CGW. Both fantastic guns.

The Compact model with the safety is also great, but I prefer the decocker. Had one. Sold it.

So ... is the next-up a P-01 "Omega?" A more esthetically pleasing decocker IMO

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, congrats.

Posts: 140 | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Those P-01 compacts are so comfortable in hand.

Warmed over, I bet they are hard to beat for carry.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Great pics. The PO1 Compact is probably my next CZ. Just picked up my Shadow 2 last week. Had a Range day a few days ago...they make some great pistols.

Not trying to be personal...but what was the pricetag on that?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
https://www.shootersconnection...MPACT-9mm-P4872.aspx
There is no CC fee, despite what it says right there on the page.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Coolness!!! Cool

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. My gateway drug was a 75 BD. I don't understand the love of the safety version when CZ has arguably the best decocker out there. It is placed perfectly and is best of breed. I too, have PO1's and a PCR.

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is truly a thing of beauty. I've been wanting one for some time now and it has a better than average chance of being my next firearm purchase.

Posts: 297 | Location: Ogden, UT | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice, sir!

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Impressive!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed32hall
posted Hide Post
That is very nice and will probably be the next CZ that I get, or a 75BD. I handled one of the new Shadow 2 models, and for some reason, it just didn't feel right. The safety definitely didn't feel comfortable actuating. Very nice pick up. Ed

Sigs - Yes, I would like more German made Sigs

Posts: 2652 | Location: Formerly NW WA, now in SE TN | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats....I own one, it's an unbelievable firearm. The DA/SA trigger is outstanding and I shoot my SDP almost as well as my Accu-Shadow. You pick out a holster yet? I have a highnoon OWB, still in the market for a IWB.

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
Awesome, 12131!

I had a regular P-01 years ago and sold it. Still not sure what I was thinking.

I am definitely getting one again and a SP-01.

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Would like to get an IWB like the Comp-Tac Infidel Max, but Comp-Tac does not make it for the model. And, I don't care for leather.

Q

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Nice! I've wanted an SDP for a long time but then I realize I love my ODG P-01 but never shoot it.

How do you like the trigger?

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Nice! I've wanted an SDP for a long time but then I realize I love my ODG P-01 but never shoot it.

How do you like the trigger?

Light, smooth, and crisp, as advertised. Day and night compared to the stock trigger. Interestingly, this gun's trigger is just a hair better than the one on my PCR that was also done by CZC. I'm a big fan of the trigger works done by either CZC or CGW. My opinion has always been that the CZ stock trigger sucks, and it's worth the dough to have either outfit work their magic on your CZ.

Q