SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pistol Adapter PDW: Any Opinions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pistol Adapter PDW: Any Opinions Login/Join 
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
SS this is my 9mm PDW/Pistol and they make conceal rigs for carrying under a jacket.

I don't have a good SIG answer. My 229 and 320 are just sidearms.

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
I appreciate everyone's advice vary greatly and found it very helpful. IMHO A few comments. Whenever I am in conversations or make a post on this topic on some forum I usually receive the typical responses that I should buy pistol caliber carbine, 16 inch barrel, and especially the Kel Tech Sub 2000. 1) where I live one cannot conceal carry a rifle even if it shoots pistol caliber. 2) pistol caliber carbines are too long and bulky to conceal. 3) For a self-defense firearm, I would never consider a gun held together by screws and glue, i.e., Kel Tech. Some people love this brand but I do not. Great ideas but poor product quality. 4) I have also received the suggestion I need to practice more and I do not need any type of arm brace. If that was true then no one would ever by an arm brace. 2nd that is not the appropriate thing to say to someone who is handicap and has trouble stabilizing the firearm. In fact, the original purpose for the arm brace was for an individual with one arm who is handicap. 5) the suggestion that one can get a PSA AR 9 mm again negates the issue of a reliable self-defense weapon in addition to it being heavy and bulky.

Therefore, any device in which I can attach an arm brace to a handgun and increase comfort of shooting and stability is something of great interest to me.

Thanks for all the posts and if I could only screw and arm brace into my SIG 226.

Does it need to be an arm brace rather than a stock? I’m currently waiting on the paperwork to clear on one of these.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...rade-sig-sauer-p320/

Posts: 60 | Registered: November 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Battlecloth:
quote:
I appreciate everyone's advice vary greatly and found it very helpful. IMHO A few comments. Whenever I am in conversations or make a post on this topic on some forum I usually receive the typical responses that I should buy pistol caliber carbine, 16 inch barrel, and especially the Kel Tech Sub 2000. 1) where I live one cannot conceal carry a rifle even if it shoots pistol caliber. 2) pistol caliber carbines are too long and bulky to conceal. 3) For a self-defense firearm, I would never consider a gun held together by screws and glue, i.e., Kel Tech. Some people love this brand but I do not. Great ideas but poor product quality. 4) I have also received the suggestion I need to practice more and I do not need any type of arm brace. If that was true then no one would ever by an arm brace. 2nd that is not the appropriate thing to say to someone who is handicap and has trouble stabilizing the firearm. In fact, the original purpose for the arm brace was for an individual with one arm who is handicap. 5) the suggestion that one can get a PSA AR 9 mm again negates the issue of a reliable self-defense weapon in addition to it being heavy and bulky.

Therefore, any device in which I can attach an arm brace to a handgun and increase comfort of shooting and stability is something of great interest to me.

Thanks for all the posts and if I could only screw and arm brace into my SIG 226.

Does it need to be an arm brace rather than a stock? I’m currently waiting on the paperwork to clear on one of these.

I would prefer a stock but I am still leary about going through ATF - just more regulation. I assume that some states may have restrictions about carrying and concealing loaded Class III firearms? Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
SS this is my 9mm PDW/Pistol and they make conceal rigs for carrying under a jacket.

I don't have a good SIG answer. My 229 and 320 are just sidearms.

Great pictures. Great pictures.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I just clicked on the Link for the B&T pistol with a stock. Interesting idea. It has me intrigued.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I just clicked on the Link for the B&T pistol with a stock. Interesting idea. It has me intrigued.

I’m sure the ability to carry this is dependent on your state of residence. It’s ok here in PA and is covered by a CCW permit.

The NFA process isn’t as bad as most people think it is. $200.00 and a long wait but if you can buy a pistol you can buy this (assuming your state allows it).

Posts: 60 | Registered: November 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Firecontrolunit.com if you have a 320.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
Firecontrolunit.com if you have a 320.

dc54 thanks for the link. The device looks very nice I just wished they made it for my 226. Intriquing.

Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I just ponied up the $200 and SBR'ed my Colt 6920.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post