SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pistol Adapter PDW: Any Opinions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pistol Adapter PDW: Any Opinions Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone know if this pistol adapter to attach an arm brace to an actual pistol works. The company is in PA. I could not find any reviews. The only concern I have is that in the youtube demo video the strap for the p226 goes inthe trigger guard behind the trigger.Thanks.

https://geniusofliberty.com/im...pter-wb100-wb200.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw04SqcXkBM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
If you really want a pistol caliber carbine so bad you can get a Keltec Sub2000 gen 2 for like $350. All these gadgets are dumb in my opinion. If you can’t shoot your pistol accurately enough without shouldering it you need more practice not more gimmicks. Just My opinion

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I try to keep an open mind when it comes to new products, and as I don't have any actual experience with it I'll defer my impressions to someone who has...

...having said that, color me skeptical.

A product that is supposed to improve stability attached to a pistol with two pieces of Velcro? I don't think it's possible to get the Velcro sufficiently tight to keep the brace in the correct position, and IF you could get it tight enough I have my doubts about how long the Velcro would stay tight or if the fabric would even last. Hell, Duct tape would have been a better attachment method. At best it would be ineffective, and at worst could prove to allow dangerous shifting.

The Velcro would change the size/ feel of the grips, thereby altering the shooter's grip.

I also have my doubts about whether I could easily reach the Decocker or SCL, or whether the Velcro would affect my trigger finger reach and placement.

I'd also want to see how magazine changes and stoppage drills would be performed, and whether my sight picture was affected.

If the reviewer didn't include actual video of the product in firing use that would seem to become telling .

I'm not even sure what problem this device is supposed to solve, and there are better executed products and methods if one wants an SBR or PCC.

I'll wait for someone else to Beta Test.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Not the setup mentioned, but I have a KPOS unit that works surprisingly well (picked it up, used, on a whim for cheap). They make a couple different versions for Sig 226 and Glock models. The pistol locks in very secure and sets-up, or demounts, in a couple minutes.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen some braces like the Endo with shockwave or Ronis but I'd not do Velcro as an attachment point. I think it runs too much of a risk of it rotating in the strap and won't provide a solid lock up. It's always neat to see what people come up with but I'd skip this one.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

The concept is laughable. Multiple problems, for no real benefit. Nothing more than a gimmick.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Modern Day Savage. You provided me with the adivice I was seeking from a well refined logical analysis. I am seeking some stability without bulk, extra weight, and cost such as the SIG MPX.

quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
I try to keep an open mind when it comes to new products, and as I don't have any actual experience with it I'll defer my impressions to someone who has...

...having said that, color me skeptical.

A product that is supposed to improve stability attached to a pistol with two pieces of Velcro? I don't think it's possible to get the Velcro sufficiently tight to keep the brace in the correct position, and IF you could get it tight enough I have my doubts about how long the Velcro would stay tight or if the fabric would even last. Hell, Duct tape would have been a better attachment method. At best it would be ineffective, and at worst could prove to allow dangerous shifting.

The Velcro would change the size/ feel of the grips, thereby altering the shooter's grip.

I also have my doubts about whether I could easily reach the Decocker or SCL, or whether the Velcro would affect my trigger finger reach and placement.

I'd also want to see how magazine changes and stoppage drills would be performed, and whether my sight picture was affected.

If the reviewer didn't include actual video of the product in firing use that would seem to become telling .

I'm not even sure what problem this device is supposed to solve, and there are better executed products and methods if one wants an SBR or PCC.

I'll wait for someone else to Beta Test.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:
Not the setup mentioned, but I have a KPOS unit that works surprisingly well (picked it up, used, on a whim for cheap). They make a couple different versions for Sig 226 and Glock models. The pistol locks in very secure and sets-up, or demounts, in a couple minutes.

Great pictures Newf. This KPOS set-up look intriguing.

posted Hide Post
PS In case you have not seen this brace product for Glocks that is made by Swarez International

https://suarezinternational.co...apon-kit-for-glocks/

I do not know anyone who ever bought one.

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
Great pictures Newf. This KPOS set-up look intriguing.

The KPOS and the RONI were two of the products I was thinking of when I mentioned "better executed products" in my previous post.

Keep in mind that Newf lives in Canada. I don't know how, or even if, Canadian law regulates the SBR or AOW configuration...but, as pictured, the KPOS would be regulated under U.S. NFA laws.

There is a KPOS version that omits the stock and VFG and instead uses a sling.

There was a lengthy forum discussion of the KPOS when it was first introduced. While much better executed than the Genius of Liberty adapter, it still presents user difficulties worth considering if it is to be used for any serious purposes. I still think it would be fine as a range toy.

The KPOS didn't stay in the SIG accessory line-up for very long before it was discontinued.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:

So in Canada is that not an SBR?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

So in Canada is that not an SBR?

No such legal entity up here (one that slipped by our apparatchiks), it’s just another accessory.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
Does anyone know if this pistol adapter to attach an arm brace to an actual pistol works. The company is in PA. I could not find any reviews. The only concern I have is that in the youtube demo video the strap for the p226 goes inthe trigger guard behind the trigger.Thanks.

https://geniusofliberty.com/im...pter-wb100-wb200.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw04SqcXkBM

That has bad idea written all over it. Looks like a good way to shoot yourself.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you can’t shoot your pistol accurately enough without shouldering it you need more practice not more gimmicks. Just My opinion

Dusty, I am not attacking you personally. Please do not take my comment that way. In fact, normally I would agree, but I know of people with disabilities that need additional aides. I fear that my pistol shooting days are numbered due to chronic illness. I never thought this day would come, let alone at such a young age, but it is coming my way soon. I hate it, but I will be forced to find alternative methods including PCC's. So while these products may seem novelty items, it is still important that they are critically discussed.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea that original contraption looks awful and I bet it doesn’t work well. The second one would work great but it’s an sbr down here in the states. I bought one of those micro roni’s. To keep it legal it has a pistol brace not a buttstock.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:
quote:
If you can’t shoot your pistol accurately enough without shouldering it you need more practice not more gimmicks. Just My opinion

Dusty, I am not attacking you personally. Please do not take my comment that way. In fact, normally I would agree, but I know of people with disabilities that need additional aides. I fear that my pistol shooting days are numbered due to chronic illness. I never thought this day would come, let alone at such a young age, but it is coming my way soon. I hate it, but I will be forced to find alternative methods including PCC's. So while these products may seem novelty items, it is still important that they are critically discussed.

I understand that in that situation shouldering a firearm is more controllable but wouldn’t getting a dedicated pistol caliber pistol carbine be a better option? A Roni can run you $300-400. You can buy or build a 6 inch barrel AR 9mm pistol that accepts Glock mags for $500. Palmetto has great deals on these. The short barrel CZ EVO scorpion would be good in that regard as well. Or perhaps something like the Grandpower pistol carbine. I have a Keltec 2nd Gen Sub2k and it’s a handy reliable little carbine that’s easy to stow and doesn’t rely on Velcro. Also there’s no questions about it’s ambiguous legality.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I understand that in that situation shouldering a firearm is more controllable but wouldn’t getting a dedicated pistol caliber pistol carbine be a better option? A Roni can run you $300-400. You can buy or build a 6 inch barrel AR 9mm pistol that accepts Glock mags for $500. Palmetto has great deals on these. The short barrel CZ EVO scorpion would be good in that regard as well. Or perhaps something like the Grandpower pistol carbine. I have a Keltec 2nd Gen Sub2k and it’s a handy reliable little carbine that’s easy to stow and doesn’t rely on Velcro. Also there’s no questions about it’s ambiguous legality.

I believe a PCP is a better option than a RONI for me and that is why I am building a custom 9mm PCP. What I am building will retain 100% muscle memory of a standard AR, just in pistol caliber for indoor and suppressed use.

I checked out a Grandpower and another collapsible stock 9mm, but they didn't hit a sweet spot with me.

I have never found a case where to many options is a bad thing.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I believe a PCP is a better option than a RONI for me and that is why I am building a custom 9mm PCP. What I am building will retain 100% muscle memory of a standard AR, just in pistol caliber for indoor and suppressed use.

I checked out a Grandpower and another collapsible stock 9mm, but they didn't hit a sweet spot with me.

I have never found a case where to many options is a bad thing.

I can totally get behind that because let’s be honest it’s just a short barreled rifle with a brace instead of a stock. What I can’t get behind is a gadget that turns your standard handgun into a carbine. It just doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me. I will say it made less sense to me back before the invention of the brace...back when Sig had their own little Roni thing. All that all it did was add a sling attachment point and turn a handgun into a railed pig. The Beretta 93R is basically the father of most of these designs and although cool no one boasts about them being practical or accurate to shoot (especially in full auto.) The 9mm Glock mag-fed AR platform “pistol” is the best bet for the money for sure.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I dunno...the MechTech conversions works pretty damn well; I certainly like mine and how well it shoots. It may not be a dedicated carbine per se but it operates like one. I've long thought the RONI was mostly a gimmick, then I shot a G17 with a braced version and I now see a measure of validity to the concept even through a puny 4.49" barrel. The design of the RONI in essence turned the Glock into an extremely stable shooting platform, not much different than a braced Scorpion EVO, MPX or other such subgun pistol without requiring one to carve away at their 401k to fund it. A skeptic before, I now consider it an ingenious design that extends the functionality of any handgun that is nested into it.

As for that silly hook n loop thingy that started this thread...no amount of cajoling will convince me that it's nothing more than a scam.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I appreciate everyone's advice vary greatly and found it very helpful. IMHO A few comments. Whenever I am in conversations or make a post on this topic on some forum I usually receive the typical responses that I should buy pistol caliber carbine, 16 inch barrel, and especially the Kel Tech Sub 2000. 1) where I live one cannot conceal carry a rifle even if it shoots pistol caliber. 2) pistol caliber carbines are too long and bulky to conceal. 3) For a self-defense firearm, I would never consider a gun held together by screws and glue, i.e., Kel Tech. Some people love this brand but I do not. Great ideas but poor product quality. 4) I have also received the suggestion I need to practice more and I do not need any type of arm brace. If that was true then no one would ever by an arm brace. 2nd that is not the appropriate thing to say to someone who is handicap and has trouble stabilizing the firearm. In fact, the original purpose for the arm brace was for an individual with one arm who is handicap. 5) the suggestion that one can get a PSA AR 9 mm again negates the issue of a reliable self-defense weapon in addition to it being heavy and bulky.

Therefore, any device in which I can attach an arm brace to a handgun and increase comfort of shooting and stability is something of great interest to me.

Thanks for all the posts and if I could only screw and arm brace into my SIG 226.