SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thinking of a P220 SAO - Legion or Super Match?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking of a P220 SAO - Legion or Super Match? Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
I have a P226 9mm Legion SAO, and am thinking of picking up a P220 SAO to go with with. Range/BBQ only, won’t be a carry piece.

Looks like they are comparable on price, Super Match though is a 5” Barrel and two tone finish.

Curved trigger though, I have become a fan of the flat trigger on my P226 - I am torn, thoughts?

Question:
If you were buying a P220 SAO and had the choice of the Legion or the Super Match which would you get?

Choices:
Legion
Super Match
I am one of those who always offers input other than what the OP asked for and outside of the provided parameters... so I will suggest something completely different

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Less recoil, longer sight radius, why not the Super Match?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
  • No
  • Yes
  • X-Six Big Grin

•  
    Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I'm with the poster above this.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I own neither, but the Super Match should be a couple hundred cheaper. Saw them recently for $950ish.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    I made it so far,
    now I'll go for more
    Picture of rbert0005
    posted Hide Post
    The trigger on the Legion is head and shoulders above the Super Match.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4578 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Super match and send it to be Burked...

God, Guns, and Guts made this country....let's keep all three

Posts: 495 | Location: TX | Registered: March 09, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Ammoholic
    Picture of Skins2881
    posted Hide Post
    I selected the third option. I suggest roast beef sandwich.

Also I'm going to need about six paragraphs for a seemingly unrelated story.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    P220 Legion SAO. The Super Match is nice, but the trigger in the Legion SAO is preferable.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    You can do whatever you feel is necessary to make the Super Match trigger feel the way you like, but you can't economically make the Legion a 5" P220.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I'd spring for the super match since it has a 5" barrel. Although I do not like the target sights. I picked up my first p series sao recently and have been impressed with the trigger and the trigger reach for me.

As a heads up: there is an unfired one on the well known gun auction site with a good buy now price. I was eyeing it but sadly I'm not in the position right now to pick up anything else.

I say get whichever one you can find at the best price. You can't go wrong either way.

Edit: the super match i referred to above is gone. And I am glad too because I was about to go in debt to snatch it up myself.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Virginia sheepdog,

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    The P220 10mm Legion has a 5" barrel.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post